Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
LibraryLass

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by LibraryLass »

Joe, what do you think about adding my bear traps and caltrops?
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Check the EE: Gear post in the Workshop. I've added them to the full list. I did a little space trimming, and reworked the Bear Trap - what stops you isn't pain, but a 15 lb anchored weight that has suddenly attached itself to you and possibly snapped a bone. It'll stop a zombie until it tears its foot off.
(note to self: contributions and thanks section)

Once we get these fully underway, I think we'll redo the naming to fall more in line with the other supplements, Saving EE specifically for the gear section.
Go with a smile!
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Okay, Weapons and Equipment have been spun off, and are in need of a once over.

The remaining components are:
Storage (crates and barrels)
Animals
Services
Stock & Trade goods (includes furniture)
Vehicles & Siege Engines

Any thoughts on how to split this lot, or what to tackle next?
Go with a smile!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Not sure about services, but I'd keep the rest of those together.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

I'd do Animals, Vehicles, and Siege Engines, then Goods, Services, and Storage.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

LibraryLass wrote:I'd do Animals, Vehicles, and Siege Engines, then Goods, Services, and Storage.
I am with this... Animals Vehicles and Siege Engines all sorta fall into that idea of moving equipment. Goods and Services definitely go together. Storage might need to be with the sort of equipment that adventurers uses (sacks, backpacks, chests, coffers, etc.), even though the sort of stuff there kinda goes beyond what an adventurer might carry around.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

The sacks and bags ended up in equipment; I'll probably double list with containers. Yeah, I figured storage went with the trade goods.

I know we have a few animals on the tables that are not listed in the Field Guide. I'd be happy to plop some of the more, er, domestic ones into the EE: A&T, but the more unusual creatures may need writeups.

A&T is the least finished overall of the bunch: I have several vehicles that need full statting (or outright merged with others), and Smoot's Animal Quality option needs a rationale statement. Before I make the cut, are there any "monster" animals that should be added - creatures from a fantastic setting that could practically speaking be domesticated or tended for use? Giant Honeybees come to mind...
Go with a smile!
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Joe the Rat wrote:The sacks and bags ended up in equipment; I'll probably double list with containers. Yeah, I figured storage went with the trade goods.

I know we have a few animals on the tables that are not listed in the Field Guide. I'd be happy to plop some of the more, er, domestic ones into the EE: A&T, but the more unusual creatures may need writeups.

A&T is the least finished overall of the bunch: I have several vehicles that need full statting (or outright merged with others), and Smoot's Animal Quality option needs a rationale statement. Before I make the cut, are there any "monster" animals that should be added - creatures from a fantastic setting that could practically speaking be domesticated or tended for use? Giant Honeybees come to mind...
Dinosaurs leap immediately to mind as a favorite monster to domesticate. Who doesn't love having their own War Triceratops or T. Rex or flying on the back of a Pteranodon? And if you thought goblins on wargs were bad, wait until you see them on the backs of a deinonychus... (speaking of dinosaurs, between the field guide and the core book there are a couple of really big missing exceptions-- chief among them another that I think might be worth listing as the beast of greatest possible burden: diplodocus or apatosaurus!)

I'd also consider some aquatic mounts-- dolphins, giant seahorses, etc. I think those aren't statted yet either, but I'll get on them after I handle my dinosaur obsession.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Mmmm... That might be a bit too far outside of standard. Do we really want players to be able to buy a T-Rex or a Triceratops? I mean, from a GM perspective. Also, we'd need a fair market value.

I think it sounds like a good GM section piece: Really Exotic Animals. It would probably need some suggestions on how to ballpark carrying capacity and market price (for markets where they'd be "normal").

Personally, I think that if players want T-Rex mounts, they should get them the old-fashioned way: Raise Dead.
Go with a smile!
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Joe the Rat wrote:Mmmm... That might be a bit too far outside of standard. Do we really want players to be able to buy a T-Rex or a Triceratops? I mean, from a GM perspective. Also, we'd need a fair market value.

I think it sounds like a good GM section piece: Really Exotic Animals. It would probably need some suggestions on how to ballpark carrying capacity and market price (for markets where they'd be "normal").

Personally, I think that if players want T-Rex mounts, they should get them the old-fashioned way: Raise Dead.
I'm not saying they should be cheap, of course. But I think they have the same sort of appeal as an elephant might. a GM section for really exotic beasts might be suitable, I suppose.