11 ways to be a better role player

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

11 ways to be a better role player

Post by Hywaywolf »

Nice article. I think it is a bit negative toward the reader some times, but still overall it makes good points. The comment section is pretty good, as well.

http://lookrobot.co.uk/2013/06/20/11-wa ... oleplayer/
SmootRK

Re: 11 ways to be a better role player

Post by SmootRK »

While I am no prude, I think that I fall short of giving this individual props for his article for the use of so much profanity. When someone has to resort to such, they often lack a sense of self-esteem... they must shock others with such offensive words in order to get or keep the attention. They don't feel like others will listen without peppering the dialogue in such ways. Just turns me off, thinking "this guy cannot get his point across without such language?!?".

That all said. Decent points made, and if other language was used, would make good advice for newer players. I cannot use it, for my players are youthful, but I suppose if I re-wrote his opinions in safer language it would work.... if only I had the drive to do such re-writes.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Maliki

Re: 11 ways to be a better role player

Post by Maliki »

SmootRK wrote: Decent points made, and if other language was used, would make good advice for newer players.
My thoughts as well.