AA1.6: Characters

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

Rosisha

AA1.6: Characters

Post by Rosisha »

The First Game:
AA1.6 Shepherds of Pineford r3

Characters: 3 - 4 at level 2.

Please post your characters here! Depending on Demand I might have an A team, a B team, and a C team!! Minimum required for a team is three. Maximum is four, maybe five. So I'm willing to play with that a tad, if everyone else is.

If people want to participate in a challenge, then it is...

Your character must enjoy masonry, be involved with stone or stonework, and one primary piece of gear must either have stone as a part of it, or be heavily involved in the stone industry.

Specific Rules for the Game:
None
greg

Re: AA1.6: Characters

Post by greg »

I'm in. If you roll me up some stats, I'll start working on a character background.

Should I read the module before writing background, or would it be better for the playtest to go in blind?
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I'll leave that up to you! The goal is to play test instead of just purely play. So if you feel you can play test better if you're blind, then by all means, go in blind. If you feel you can play test better by knowing the module, then please feel free to read it, but keep in mind to separate player actions from character actions! :D

As to Stats...

STR: 11 (5, 4, 2)
DEX: 12 (4, 2, 6)
CON: 8 (4, 3, 1)
INT: 13 (5, 6, 2)
WIS: 8 (5, 2, 1)
CHR: 10 (4, 2, 4)

Your level for this character is 2. Which means you get max hit dice + 1dX for your class (i'll roll, just let me know). Don't forget to choose your race as well using any available download.

Finally you have 150 gp + 1/2 of the XP required to reach level 2, thus a fighter would have 1150gp for starting equipment and all that jazz. This should be greatly helpful to you! :D Some of this treasure can be in the form of magical items. If you have one you'd like, let me know and I'll figure out how much treasure it costs! Also some can be in the form of property that you might have invested in. I give bonus points for creative spending :D
greg

Post by greg »

Are combination classes available? I'm considering an Elven Fighter/Magic User.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I can't speak for Rosisha, but Elven Fighter/Magic-Users are a core class, so you should be able to do so.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Yep, no worries from my end!
Mak

Post by Mak »

Rosisha wrote:If people want to participate in a challenge, then it is...

Your character must enjoy masonry, be involved with stone or stonework, and one primary piece of gear must either have stone as a part of it, or be heavily involved in the stone industry.
Naturally this just screams dwarf! I wracked my brains for an alternative, and this is all I came up with: the classic revenge background.

Uldyneas Tyinar (name courtesy Sol's Molecular Name Generator 1.0!)
Class: Thief, assuming DEX >=9
Race: Human

Uldyneas' father was a memorial mason, specializing in the carving of intricate tombstone inscriptions, and Uldyneas grew up learning the trade. But before Uldyneas' apprenticeship was completed, his father was slain by the minions of an evil wizard for refusing to inscribe the text of a wicked curse on a lintel at the entrance of the wizard's tower. Uldyneas fled with his mother and siblings, but once the latter were safe in a distant city he set out to take revenge. Trained in the arts of Thievery, Uldyneas has perfected the art of the sneak attack using his father's pointed chisel. One day he plans to teach it to the evil wizard who is the author of all his misfortune...

Roll me up some stats, Ros!

Edited to correct misspelling of character's name.
Last edited by Mak on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greg

Post by greg »

If I go with a combination class, should I combine the xp to calculate starting gold, or should I average it?

Sorry for all the questions.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Greg:
Just average it I guess, that sounds fair (assuming no objections)

Mak:

I love it! That is hilarious, dark revenge at the point of a chisel ... fo'schizzle!

Okay, stats!

STR: 13 (5, 4, 4)
DEX: 16 (6, 6, 4)
CON: 7 (5, 1, 1)
INT: 7 (1, 4, 2)
WIS: 14 (6, 5, 3)
CHR: 12 (6, 3, 3)

Hit Points: 9
Mak

Post by Mak »

Good stats for a thief: not too bright, not too robust.

How'd he get 9 hp at 2nd-level (especially with that low CON score-- shouldn't the max be 3 at first level, plus another 1-3 at second level)?

A Thief's starting gold, according to your formula, should be 150+625=775 gp, correct?