Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Hywaywolf »

maybe he meant they were square sheep bladders.

BTW, Shybolt is hoping Grumm will launch into an ass whipping of Jack.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Yo, Grumm (or jstater) I edited my last post as you were posting. So don't think I'm using magic to make you misread posts :)
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Solomoriah wrote:
Sir Bedivere wrote:Stopping earthquakes with sheep bladders since AD 93-squared.
I've been trying to figure this out. 93 squared is 93 x 93 = 8649. What's up with that?
This is a Monty Python reference, so I will begin with an apology. At the beginning of Monty Python and the Holy Grail the date is given as 932 AD*, but the 2 is half the size of the 9 and 3 and aligned at the top, so it looks like 93-squared. My first D&D group, low these two decades ago now, would always herald our viewing of the movie (which I'm afraid we watched numerous times together) by shouting out "Ninety-three squared, A - Deeeee!" Yes, total nerds, of the kind most people seem to enjoy hating.

As to the rest, later, in one of the conversations between Sir Bedivere and Arthur, a scene ends with Arthur turning to Bedivere (who is the representative of medieval science in the movie) and saying something like, "So, explain to me again how we can use sheep bladders to stop earthquakes ..."

I admit, this was all much funnier when I was setting up my tagline at night than it does now that I am explaining it in the morning.

*Technically, the A.D. should always come before the year, and B.C. after, but no one except me seems to care anymore.
Sir Bedivere
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hywaywolf wrote:maybe he meant they were square sheep bladders.
Good guess, but no, it was just an entirely too obscure Monty Python reference, just in case we didn't already have enough.
Hywaywolf wrote:BTW, Shybolt is hoping Grumm will launch into an ass whipping of Jack.
I noticed him putting words (the circus comment) in Jack's mouth ...

By the way, "Well, Dornell Turnfest is probably my best friend ..." THAT was pretty funny!
Sir Bedivere
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm is happy to kick some ass if he's well paid for it. I'm kinda playing him as a 1940's film noir tough - the guy who ends up getting whupped by the hero. He's the quiet, suspicious type, always looking for a buck, happy to work as the villain's heavy, but not necessarily a villain in his own right.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

"A cask full of rats", is/was that an actual saying or is that an original creation? Either way, I like it. :D
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Its a Shybolt original saying. At least I've never heard it before.

Grumm sounds fun. Hope he doesn't have to kick my ass for not having the coin for my meal :)
jstater

Post by jstater »

That depends on the tavern keeper and what he has to trade ;)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I've never played a PC with a charisma of 14 before. I'm hoping my non-threatening size, good natured persona, half true half kidding life story and my possible slowness (pretending to misunderstand Grumm when he asked about my friends and Jacks circus comment and a good reaction roll will let me somehow work off my meal without being tossed in the lockup.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hywaywolf wrote:... Jacks circus comment ...
I thought it was Melaxas's comment and Shybolt was trying to frame Jack for it.
Sir Bedivere