Iron Falcon Release Announcements

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: New Project: Iron Falcon

Post by Solomoriah »

It looks correct to me. Try reloading the page.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
slade

Post by slade »

didn't greyhawk have options for lawful fighters becoming paladins ? I'm sure that magic missile and ventriloquism made their appearance in that supplement if memory serves me ?

not that I'd miss these options but magic missile seems iconic ?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

First of all, I'm still working my way through it. I believe I have a number of spells to add. I probably won't include the Paladin (the rules are too sketchy) but I'm not sure yet.

I'm planning to add an appendix with the weapons vs. armor type rules as an option; there are other things that may also be options when I get done.

The main thing is to keep as close as I can to the original mechanics. When I feel I must change something, I try to keep the revised version as close as possible to the original game; failing that, I try to make the revised version similar to a later edition, but still an old one. I don't want to do too much of that.

For example, I knew I needed to change the magic item tables (as they really strayed into the "presentation" area) so I made them similar to the ones in BFRPG.
slade

Post by slade »

Solomoriah wrote:First of all, I'm still working my way through it.
sorry if I'm jumping the gun a little!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

S'awright.
Vile

Post by Vile »

Solomoriah wrote:
Vile wrote:So there does seem to a gap in the line-up - well-spotted, Solomoriah! By the way, have you mentioned this on the OD&D Discussion forums?
Um... no. Where would I find those?
It's a great place for in-depth discussions of the original rules. Here it is: http://odd74.proboards.com/

And there's a simulacrum section: http://odd74.proboards.com/board/67/edi ... crum-games
seandon4

Post by seandon4 »

Solo, by the way, not sure, but Original D&D on proboards may still be on anti-spam lock down.

See this
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 88&t=68591

PS. Hope the OD&D folks on proboards don't mind me spreading the word.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ack. As I'm already running a thread here and one on Dragonsfoot, I don't think I need any more to keep up with. Please direct any interested parties to one of those threads. Thanks!
seandon4

Post by seandon4 »

Sorry, didn't mean to single you out. Really just there for anyone interested. Thanks.
francisca

Post by francisca »

Solomoriah wrote:I probably won't include the Paladin (the rules are too sketchy) but I'm not sure yet.
If you should change your mind, I suggest you do it very much by the book. That is to say, a Paladin is a Fighter, with Paladin status, not it's own class. Encourage the DM to monitor the player closely regarding acts of law and chaos.