AA1.6 Introduction

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

Rosisha

Re: AA1.6 Introduction

Post by Rosisha »

<< There is no lightning. The rain pours coldly, little droplets of liquid ice that fall across your face, your hands, and your mounts. It wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the cold, damp wind that sought out every nook and cranny in your clothing to chill you to the bones! You make it to the tree line, and find the somewhat dry shelter offered by the overhanging branches. Fall comes early in the mountains, and such weather will only grow worse until snow covers the mountain trails. >>
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Kogan will set up his camp and then attempt to find dry enough sticks to get a fire started to keep warm through the night.
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Tauren dismounts and begins the process of unburdening his horse, watering it, and tying it up nearby.

Shall we make arrangements for watch shifts? I believe it is helpful for spellcasters to go first or last - which would leave the middle ones to myself and Ty.
Mak

Post by Mak »

"I'll take the second watch then. Not that there's likely to be anything moving around out there in this weather... but you can never be too careful." Ty moves off to help Kogan find wood for the fire.
greg

Post by greg »

"I have little need for rest, especially beneath the trees. I will gladly take the first watch."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Alright, since you would like the first, I guess I'll take the last watch."

OCC: I'm not sure if you want to know each day which spell I am preparing, however, I will be preparing "Animal Friendship" today just incase we run into any animals this evening or on our way to town.
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Good. Myself 3rd and Kogan last, then. About 2-3 hours each should work out.

After finishing with the horse, I'll assist with getting the fire started, then break out the blanket and go to sleep.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

crazycrypt wrote:OCC: I'm not sure if you want to know each day which spell I am preparing, however, I will be preparing "Animal Friendship" today just incase we run into any animals this evening or on our way to town.
OOC: With an evil cackle, the GM rolls for encounters, and finds none near you guys! Clever call... Clever call.

<< As you guys settle down for the night you do manage to get a fire started! It is smokey, and wet, but it is burning thanks to some very good team work! As you place more wood near the fire to dry out, and get your camp finished, you hear the whiny of a pony or mule out on the road. A voice calls out, young and uncertain: "Hail the camp!" Out on the road you see what looks to be either a halfling or a young human. He approaches cautiously, his hand holding on to the reigns, and water dripping down his cape and hair.>>
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Greetings, small traveler!

While rising, Tauren will unobtrusively 'holster' his hand ax on his hip loop, then turn to greet our "guest".
Mak

Post by Mak »

Rising smoothly to his feet, Ty moves to the edge of the firelight at an oblique angle to the newcomer, his longbow held loosely but securely in his left hand. He lets others do the talking and scans the area for any movement.