Base Camp (Chit Chat)

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

Longman

Re: Base Camp (Chit Chat)

Post by Longman »

OK, +1 Scimitar given to the bard NPC for the time being.
Longman

Post by Longman »

1. By my reading, Maju doesn’t loose any max hp, correct? YES, correct.

2. His spellbook, and his mentor’s spellbook were destroyed by the lightning bolt. Did the monkey book or Saracen’s spellbook survive?

The monkey Book survived. Saracen had no spell-book - he was a free caster.

3. You said that the monkey scroll survived. Did Maju’s other scroll survive? (It had just Hallucinatory Terrain left on it.)

YES it survived.

4. You said his powderhorn and pistols blew up. I assume the grenades as well. Yes. They all blew up.
5. I assumed other items survived. OK

6. How can Maju go about gaining a familiar? Find familiar is not a spell in the core rules. I'm letting you have that as an hour long ritual that you can cast at any time you do not already have a familiar. Results will be random.
quozl

Post by quozl »

So looking at the temple map, I think we should go to 11#

What do you all think?
Longman

Post by Longman »

For those who don't know or may have forgotten -

quozl is talking about the map found in the old temple near Teruk's village. There was also a key to that map, that was deciphered by Maju using magic. The language is very foreign and bears no relation to Salayan, Siamese, Persian or anything of the sort.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1844&p=54902#p54902

The text for entry 11 is:

"11 - Main Portal. Underwater apparatus required except at extreme low tide. Newcomers advised to spend at least 1 week at the onshore base, acclimatizing, before" ...and then water damaged section of the map means the rest cannot be read.
quozl

Post by quozl »

I'm going to be unavailable until Sunday.
Longman

SHIP BERTHS

Post by Longman »

download/file.php?id=2236

Please refer to the ship map:

3 - captains cabin
6 - the place where the bard, sailor and merchant all sleep now. 9 bunk berths are remaining out of 12.
10a - Jaali's cabin (bottom left).
10b - unclaimed cabin (top left)
10c - unclaimed cabin (top right)

I'll give Rostam, Maju and Yuan-Cheng first dibs on any remaining cabins or berths, then allocate space all the other NPCs.

Two named pirates (Ash and Farhan) are currently "in the hold" (area 12), with a guard on them at all times, and behind a sturdy door. There is nothing much in that room.

Saracen is locked in room 8, and tied up as well, so he can't use magic. People visit him every so often to pour water on him. He looks very angry.

The other 3 pirates are free, but are given no access to weapons and are not likely to do anything stupid.

PIck your berths. Any other changes to ship arrangements you want to make, role-play with the captain. You might want to consider how you are going to deal with the named pirates in the long term.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Rostam does not mind taking a bunk bed in room 6.
He performs his rites and prayers on deck, so just needs a place to sleep.
He is also not accustomed to luxurious accomodations.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Well gang, you have made it into the water.

This begins a new phase in the campaign so I want to make sure everyone is up to stratch.

Have you gotten the exp dump from the battles in the desert and levelled up if need be?

Do you know where your berth is? (See above posts).

Have you got all hit points, spells, equipment etc, sorted out?

I will be doing some work on NPCs, equipment on board the ship, and new rules.

Happy sailing.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Is throwing the sea-elf to the mermaids and getting away seems like a good plan to you ? Jaali wouldn't really mind but, it seems kinda evil though and we have a Paladin...
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

mTeasdale wrote:Is throwing the sea-elf to the mermaids and getting away seems like a good plan to you ? Jaali wouldn't really mind but, it seems kinda evil though and we have a Paladin...
Funny - I was thinking exactly the same thing, but more as a means to distract the mermaids for our escape.