The Glain Companion

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

The Glain Companion

Post by Solomoriah »

I've decided to compile the supplements I use in my home game into a single document, for the convenience of my players, and I'm sharing it in the Showcase.

This is how I play the game. Just in case anyone cares.

You can find it here: https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=120
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clever_Munkey

Re: The Glain Companion

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Maybe nothing has been changed or added, but the adventure section is blank. If you use anything different I would be interested in hearing what it is.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Thanks for sharing, I like the twist on magic use.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I matched up the sections to the Core Rules, and there is just nothing I've changed or added in that section, Munkey. Now I have to decide how to handle it...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

So I stripped the "PART N:" bits from the section titles, and removed the Adventure section completely. I realized it didn't work anyway, since I had already omitted Monsters.

R3 was just uploaded, so feel free to check it out and comment if you feel the urge.
bugleyman

Post by bugleyman »

Very nice; I like your chosen means of handling spell-casting, as well as the options you've chosen for defending, unarmored combat, and two-weapon combat.

I have one question. One page 13, under the heading Using Magic, the following text appears: "If the spellcaster is reduced to zero hit points but lives..." My question is: How do you handle death/dying to allow for the possibility of surviving being reduced to zero hit points? I'm curious how you've chosen to handle this. Apologies if I'm missing it in the document (I looked, but couldn't find it).
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It's not in there. The Core Rules gives a number of options; I tend to use the negative 10 rule myself.
cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Hey Chris,

Thanks again for posting this. Gotta question: In your game how does the poison skill for the Assassin work? Is the percentage listed per level the chance of making poisons, identifying poisons, using poisons in general...or is it all the above? It's been my understanding its the chance to make poisons assuming the ingredients are available. Just wondering. Thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It actually hasn't come up yet, so I haven't made a ruling. Sorry.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Glain Companion r4 wrote:Assassins learn the art of making lethal poisons
I'd assume the roll is for the creation of one dose of poison, the skill have several benefits:
Making poisons for free or at a reduce cost (gathering the individual ingredients of buying them)
Poison availability: poison should be hard to get, but their individual components maybe not so much.
Poison detection: If a character carrying a poison vial is registered it could be dangerous, but again, having only the ingredients (plus some extra stuff) should help in avoiding detection...
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/