BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
BruceRipple

Re: BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by BruceRipple »

chiisu81 wrote:Wow! 8-) Ok to put into Field Guide 2 as well?
Absolutely!!!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Nother magic item for the vampire, hmm. Cloak of darkness, automatically casts a darkness spell if exposed to full sunlight, three charges remaining.
Now that's a cool item... but I'm going to say no. (Picky, ain't I?) If the players are somehow able to carry out an attack against him in the daylight, there's a good chance they've already failed at rescuing Rafaela, OR they rescued her and fled, with intent to return in daylight. If players are smart enough to go for the run-away-and-return-in-daylight strategy, I'll let them have the advantage.

But it is a cool idea, to be filed for later...

I'm thinking of giving him an Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location, and maybe throwing in a Wand of Petrification (turns one target to stone, save vs. Wands to resist). The Wands save is not so hard for mid to high level characters, and magic to fix the situation is usually in their price range, but it would be an excellent fallback for the vampire if his other powers prove inadequate.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery, Release 37 -- October 02, 2017: Many thanks to Bruce Ripple for submitting a number of nice art pieces for this book. You can see his work particularly in Castle D'Angelo and Tower of Light. Layout has been hammered on and should be good; this is a print release candidate. I'm shortening the review time on this one; if it stands unchallenged until Saturday, October 7th, I'm going forward with printing it.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

The additional artwork looks great! I didn't see anything out of place glancing through the PDF.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have submitted the PDFs to CreateSpace and Lulu. If no issues are found by tomorrow evening, I'll activate them, and this one will be available!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solo has activated BF3 on Lulu and Amazon/Createspace!
http://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf3
Attachments
oofowie.gif
oofowie.gif (3.43 MiB) Viewed 5663 times
kerc

Printed version of Strongholds of Sorcery is missing a map!

Post by kerc »

Specifically, the map for "Thaumerion's Tower". I searched high and low and it's not there... :cry:
Kerc | Dice Pencil & Paper | @dicepencilpaper
kerc

Release Announcements

Post by kerc »

chiisu81 wrote:Announcing!

BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery, Release 37 -- October 02, 2017
Many thanks to Bruce Ripple for submitting a number of nice art pieces for this book. You can see his work particularly in Castle D'Angelo and Tower of Light. Layout has been hammered on and should be good; this is a print release candidate. I'm shortening the review time on this one; if it stands unchallenged until Saturday, October 7th, I'm going forward with printing it.

http://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf3
The print version is missing the map for "Thaumerion's Tower". I haven't looked at the PDF yet...
Kerc | Dice Pencil & Paper | @dicepencilpaper
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Release Announcements

Post by Solomoriah »

Oh good grief. How did we miss that?

I've pulled it from distribution. I won't be able to update the PDF/ODT until Monday at the earliest.

This is not exactly a disaster, but it's definitely a disappointment. My apologies to anyone who bought this version.

Smoot, if you would, please post an apology on the Facebook page as I don't have time.
SmootRK

Re: Release Announcements

Post by SmootRK »

Done.
I mentioned that the map is available on the website/forums. But I think whomever has the good quality map available should make a special post with that map attached... just as courtesy to anyone that may have bought the copy with the omission.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?