AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
borgar

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by borgar »

I've completed a set of isometric sub-map now. If nothing else for the learning experience.

These plus the previous larger maps are all in this google drive folder :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vGL3C ... k2A7m_pqSb

Feel free to pick whatever set seem most appropriate for the module.

I've attached 2 (of 5) sub-maps as "samples" here. There are small png files of all maps in the folder above.
part_3_small.png
part_3_small.png (141.52 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
part_5_small.png
part_5_small.png (173.44 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
Btw, having several smaller maps makes it much easier to redo parts that need correction, so please let me know if there are mistakes that need to be corrected.
borgar

Post by borgar »

Fastjack2xs wrote:Borgar all of your sub-maps look fantastic. Wish I had a quarter of your talent. Some day I will actually learn how to use a computer and be able to draw maps on my own instead of having to rely upon the gracious good will of others to do the hard work for me. Thank you, by the way!
I actually draw on paper and scan the (mostly) finished drawing afterwards. I have tested using a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos) that I bought for my son a while ago but find it very hard to use effectively. Though I do cheat and do a bit of cleanup digitally and also copy in additional missing parts afterwards (like room numbers)
Fastjack2xs wrote:As for room 16, I wouldn't worry about trying to draw fire breathing orc skulls. They don't spew fire unless someone walks into to the room anyway. If you really wish to show the columns in that room simply make them plain round columns, leave it to the DM to describe them. The same goes for the lever in the middle of the room, let the DM describe the lever and its placement.
I've added the columns as you suggested and also found some missing in another room (5).
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Those look great! 8-)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r23 put into the Projects folder. I've added all of borgar's maps. Overhead Mapmatic versions for the 2 adventures still need to be done.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In the Projects folder... got it. I'm beginning to ramp up again after being out of it for a while. You might put together a list of whatever I've forgotten to do in the Project Priorities thread.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Also added a copy of onearmspence's image for AA2 to the Projects folder. I can work on the overhead mapmatic maps later on, after the next release.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Starting on the overhead Mapmatic maps for the isometric ones.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Looking at my own isometric maps for Thorin Zuse made me want to rip my eyes out. :cry: I got them done in Mapmatic+2, but I'm sure I missed/mis-mapped it, but otherwise those maps (I've set them to public) are ready to go into AA2, and I think they should replace, not supplement, my isometric maps.
Edit: added fills around the edges
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Actually, Solo, if you haven't worked on AA2 r21 yet can you go ahead and put it back into Projects? I can add/replace the maps I've done, and do another editing pass. I can also work on the other overhead MapMatic maps, but those will complement rather than replace borgar's excellent isometric maps.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... I have an R23 of that document. It's in Projects now.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org