JN1 The Chaotic Caves

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: JN1 The Chaotic Caves

Post by chiisu81 »

Revised dark cover looks good :) On Downloads the cover icon/preview and file will just need to be updated.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll try to get to that tomorrow.

JN1 has been off Amazon since yesterday, and it won't be back until tomorrow... they messed up the cover badly, and I had to revise it to make it work. Sadly that means extra 24 hour delays.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As of right now, JN1 2E is live on CreateSpace.com. No idea how long it will take Amazon to update to the new version, but probably not more than a few days.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I am currently running the chaotic caves and having a blast and I was wondering if the author of this module (one Mr J.D Neal) had access to the wilderness map of the area above the caves but without the dungeon planning underneath? Basically I want a handout for my players so they can explore the local area where they know the caves to be and they can discover entrances by themselves. It's also for the map so that entrances can be marked on the wilderness map then the dungeon areas can be mapped individually as it makes more sense that the players wont have perfect spacial awareness of where each lair is in relation to each other. So yeah any help would be appreciated even if what I am requesting specifically isn't possible, thanks.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

See if the following works. This was not hard to do.
Chaotic Caves Main Map No Details
Chaotic Caves Main Map No Details
image.jpeg (624.06 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Thank you so much! :D
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I know this one hasn't been touched in a while, but I did find a couple of edits for this module.

Page 30 63. SECRET DOOR:

Currently: (it swings up; the latch is reset when it is swung own).
Should be: (it swings up; the latch is reset when it is swung down).

Page 36 83. MOAT: The map shows a stream going to the east instead of the south.

Currently: The moat is fed by a slow-moving stream that comes under the north wall and exits the south.
Should be: The moat is fed by a slow-moving stream that comes under the north wall and exits the east.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If we do a new release, we should add that player's map from above.
Zozo

Post by Zozo »

A couple probably inconsequential things:

Page 39, Room 106: The 3rd level cleric with 8 Strength is carrying at minimum 65 pounds of equipment (50 for plate mail, 10 for a mace, 5 for a shield). At 8 Strength, this should make the cleric heavily burdened and put his or her movement rate at 10' instead of 20'.

Page 42, Pregenerated Characters: Ola Deerkiller should have 17 AC due to her Dexterity bonus. Patric Williams should be at 16 AC due to his armor and shield, and his weapon is written as a "battle ax," inconsistent with spelling the word "axe" elsewhere. I don't know if there's any stylistic standard for that.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Always another errata...

Chi, if you get a chance to touch this one, great; if not, I'll try to get to it some time next week. There are enough errors, plus that nice map to add in, that we should probably start working toward a new print release.