AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by chiisu81 »

I did mean r23, thanks!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'm behind the times. I didn't realize, and/or forgot, that my isometric maps had already been redone/replaced. Gonna use those nicer maps to verify/finalize my overhead maps before I put them in. I'll also start on the overhead maps for Wulfric's Tomb. If I have time I'll do another quick read-through, since this is already on Downloads and I'd like to get closer to a print release candidate before too long.

Also fixed the font for the header for Bear Dungeon, it wasn't Soutane.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok I can't comprehend iso maps apparently. Some rooms I can't tell have 2 or 3 squares width/length, and if I don't get them right it throws the rest off. Someone else is gonna either have to do them in MapMatic, or put up a rough sketch on grid paper to actually show me (and everyone else) the correct dimensions. I will need the same for Wulfric's tomb.

With that on hold (at least from me), I'll do another editing pass in the meantime.
borgar

Post by borgar »

chiisu81 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 am Ok I can't comprehend iso maps apparently. Some rooms I can't tell have 2 or 3 squares width/length, and if I don't get them right it throws the rest off. Someone else is gonna either have to do them in MapMatic, or put up a rough sketch on grid paper to actually show me (and everyone else) the correct dimensions. I will need the same for Wulfric's tomb.

With that on hold (at least from me), I'll do another editing pass in the meantime.
For Wulfric's Tomb I made the maps isometric because there where a lot of stairs/levels and I though it might make easier to understand not worse. With the original maps the elevation differences where not so obvious.

In older versions of the AA2 (assuming this is available) you will find non-isometric versions of the maps.

The original Thorin Zuse map was originally isometric (just with less embellishment).

I'm certainly willing to help with this. I've tried to create a MapMatic file for the first part (room 1-11) of Thorin Zuse (attached).
Attachments
thorin_zuse_1.txt
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
borgar

Post by borgar »

I've created a MapMatic+2 account and uploaded the map there (as public). Note that two rooms do overlap in the original when projected down into 2d.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok I'm looking through the older releases to see where the non-iso maps show up. Your first level on MapMatic+2 looks good! I still may need your help for the lower level, as well as Wulfric's Tomb (though I did find the older non-iso maps for it, so I may be able to do those).

Also, to be clear I REALLY like your iso maps! It's just when I started to map it out I couldn't get some of the dimensions lined up and I got cranky. :cry:
borgar

Post by borgar »

chiisu81 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 am Ok I'm looking through the older releases to see where the non-iso maps show up. Your first level on MapMatic+2 looks good! I still may need your help for the lower level, as well as Wulfric's Tomb (though I did find the older non-iso maps for it, so I may be able to do those).

Also, to be clear I REALLY like your iso maps! It's just when I started to map it out I couldn't get some of the dimensions lined up and I got cranky. :cry:
I've done the other half of the of Thorin Zuse in MapMatic+2 as well. I felt it was better do this asap when I actually had time. I never know when I have time next.

Note that room 24 is below some corridors and that I have found no way of marking the sloping corridor from room 12 to 18.

And please don't worry about giving critique and feedback. Having nice looking maps is meaningless if they are unusable. Btw, this map in particular was probably never designed with MapMaptic in mind.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks! I've added the 2 overhead maps for Thorin Zuse to my working copy. Gonna work on the overheads for Wulfric's Tomb and do another editing pass. Have done enough changes gonna go ahead and bump up to r24.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I've made public the 4 overhead maps for Wulfric's Tomb; the last one I'm def. gonna need help on, and the other 3 could use another set of eyes to verify them.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

There's a "ramp" symbol you could use for a slope.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org