MPLOT

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
aries04

Re: MPLOT

Post by aries04 »

The retro military manual look is really cool.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks! I've actually written part of a military manual, years ago when I was in the Air Force. A small part, but I've also read several... there's just a look, you know?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Agreed, the episode template should def follow that look, it's very clean and easy to read.

Adjusted colors look and read better, though the blue is still hard for me to read (but keep in mind I'm on a low-light, severely red-tinted screen). Print function looks to run great, headers do seem correct. The "No." column numbers are a bit too right-aligned, maybe centered instead (left would be too far over I think).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

New manual, see first post.

Sorry the blue is hard to read. Funny thing is, writing this program has really taken me back to those old IBM mainframes I used to work on in the Air Force, and I always wondered why the red, blue, and green text seemed "off" on those screens. Now I know... pure red, blue, and green are harder to read than the slightly washed-out colors those terminals used.

The program has been updated, now with support for tape drives! (Hint: "TAPE:" means upload/download.)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

The blue is better now 8-) Very nice having the command shortcuts in white on the HELP screen.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In the category of "can't leave well enough alone," I've just put together a new version. There is now a DISK command that can be used to switch between disk packs 0 and 1.

Disk pack 0 files are actually placed in your browser's "local storage" and thus stay with the browser.

Disk pack 1 files are stored on the web server. There's a limit, and if the files build up to the limit older files will be removed automatically to make room for newer ones.

New manual in the first post, too.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Did a few cleanups, mainly interface issues. No change to the manual.

Really need to work on the actual game... but playing with a retro-mainframe program is kind of fun on its own. Kind of like those guys who like character creation more than actually playing...