Beginner's Essentials

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Beginner's Essentials

Post by chiisu81 »

I will post an r11 in this thread before too long, once I've heard about the recent suggested edits/changes. A new version won't be on the Downloads page until it's been thoroughly edited/vetted by Solo and others first.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Here's a proposed r11. The camel, donkey, and mule need cost values.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 am Here's a proposed r11. The camel, donkey, and mule need cost values.
Equipment Emporium has camels at 50 gp and donkeys and mules at 8 gp each.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks! That seems pretty low (donkeys & mules) compared to even plain old riding horses...
pytheas

Post by pytheas »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm Thanks! That seems pretty low (donkeys & mules) compared to even plain old riding horses...
It does. I think the price of camels is a bit low as well. I would be inclined to price donkeys and mules similar to ponies and camels like horses.
pytheas

Post by pytheas »

I've been looking through the Beginner's Essentials in preparation for a game with new players and was thinking that the Equipment Packs from Equipment Emporium would be a useful addition to help speed up char gen.

I also noticed that the section on Holy Water vs. Undead mentions 1d6 of fire damage, which seems incorrect.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It is incorrect. Thanks for pointing it out!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok here's r12. Updated prices for camel, donkey, & mule. Also corrected holy water section, and added note on corporeal vs. incorporeal undead.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Basic Fantasy RPG Beginner's Essentials, Release 12 -- June 06, 2019: This version of the Beginner's Essentials book includes significant additional editing by James Lemon, and a little bit of layout work by Chris Gonnerman.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... essentials
laesquinadelrol

Post by laesquinadelrol »

Hello! My name is Mario and I am from Mexico. I love the basic fantasy role-playing game. I want to share my Spanish translation of "Begginer's essential". I hope this is useful for people who speak Spanish and start playing. Also, I hope to translate something else very soon. :D

¡Hola! Mi nombre es Mario y soy de México. Me encanta Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Quiero compartir mi traducción al español de "Beginner's essential". Espero que sea útil para aquellas personas que hablan español y está comenzado a jugar. También, espero traducir algo más pronto. :D
Attachments
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r12-es1.pdf
(265.97 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r12-es1.odt
(139.4 KiB) Downloaded 484 times