[IF] Handbook of Monsters

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
chiisu81

Re: [IF] Handbook of Monsters

Post by chiisu81 »

Title pages: In the credits most are "Category: Name(s)", but one line is "Proofreading by James Lemon and Leonaru"; for consistency it should be "Proofing: " or "Editing: "

Subheader not with table on same column: Chimera, Dinosaur, Deinonychus, Dinosaur, Stegosaurus, Dog, Elemental, Air, Elemental, Fire, Giant, Cloud, Giant, Hill, Giant, Storm, Golem, Flesh, Living Statue, Volcanic, Lycanthrope, Werewolf, Mastodon, Sabre-Tooth Tiger, Scorpion, Giant, Shark, Great White, Spider, Giant Crab, Tiger, Triton, Whale, Sperm
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ack. I can't believe flow errors slipped in at that point... so I guess I reflow it. Next release.

I plan to fix up the credits whenever I get the art figured out.

Actually, I'm glad that's all you've found so far. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
kaijusenpai

Post by kaijusenpai »

This is amazing. Great resource. After this is finished personally I'd also like to see an expanded official book of spells.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

What kind of expansion are you thinking of?
kaijusenpai

Post by kaijusenpai »

Well I mean more options allows greater roleplay opportunities. If someone wants to be predominantly a necromancer, then they could pursue that avenue.

Also, I feel like hags, as one of my favorite RPG adversaries, should be present in the final version of this book. They are so much fun! If you need any help with it, let me know!
NewbieSalmon

Post by NewbieSalmon »

I'm honestly quite satisfied with the amount of spells in the book. It's just enough without being overbearing, although I wouldn't mind the list being expanded once R53 comes around, or in future releases.
"You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of
experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before
emptying the bag of luck." - Anonymous/Panzer GMT Edition
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Iron Falcon core rules will not be expanded, not at all. Sorry. They are meant to replicate a specific moment in history; as such, they have exactly what they need to do that, no more, no less.

However, I do know that there is a set of supplementary rules coming sometime from another author which will be compatible. More on that as the situation develops.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Here's a preview of the cover. I'm getting ready for the whole funding push for art for this book; I'm doing what I said I'd do, namely selling shirts with Al's art on it to raise money to buy more art. I'm planning to cut out closeups of several parts of the cover art piece, do a different shirt each month, and end with a shirt showing the entire cover art piece in all its glory. Soon...
Cover Sample.png
Cover Sample.png (571.31 KiB) Viewed 12720 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Was meaning to reply to this thread to see if this was still in the pipeline. Always great to see more of Al's artwork! 8-) Miss having him around the forums. :(

Was it due to the image size/proportion that your name is superimposed on the bottom graphic, rather than being above it like on the cover of the main IF rulebook?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, did not want to hide any of Al's lovely art.