Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
teaman

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by teaman »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:09 am The one on Amazon is still R23. R24 has the fixed dividing lines in the tables. It should go up next week, according to the usual print release candidate rules.
Thanks for the info, Solo!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
BrianEye

Post by BrianEye »

Just received my Lulu copy yesterday - R23, because I ordered it a few days "too early" (doh!). Gave it a read this morning over coffee. Really handy, fun book. I see it as super useful for any general BFRPG play group.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

R24 is up now on both Amazon and Lulu. I have an R23, and it looks okay honestly; the lines are noticeable but not bad. Not nearly as annoying as AA2 R29.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Seven

Post by Seven »

I think the shields could use some size description.
Is an elfin tower shield too tall for a dwarf to use?
Does a dwarf tower shield count as a regular shield if used by a human?
Is an halfling buckler too small for a human?
DMSDC

Post by DMSDC »

Release 24, pg 4
The entry for the Bullet Crossbow does not list a damage. As a Light Crossbow, I assume it also does 1d6 to represent extra force?

I would point out that the ammunition cost for the bullet crossbow is half that of the normal Light Crossbow. Shoulda bullet crossbow should be a more rare, fiddley, fragile,and/or expensive of offset the ongoing cheaper ammo cost?

If this had been discussed and decided previously, please forgive.
PerformanceChecks

Post by PerformanceChecks »

not sure if anyone else has discovered this but in the equipment emporium lists the monkey (sentry) on page 49 of the field guide 1 while in the field guide (at least as of release 41) the monkey stat block is on page 50.

edit: not much of a problem (more like a realization/ weird kink) chickens are really cheap (2 cp) in the field guide meaning with even the minimum amount of starting wealth (30gp) and a way to obtain them, you could have 1,500 chickens before even starting play.
Dimirag

Re: Equipment Packs Supplement

Post by Dimirag »

pdf page 49: "Unusual Materials and High Quality Items" it seems the word "high" is in a bigger font size.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

PerformanceChecks wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:45 am not sure if anyone else has discovered this but in the equipment emporium lists the monkey (sentry) on page 49 of the field guide 1 while in the field guide (at least as of release 41) the monkey stat block is on page 50.

edit: not much of a problem (more like a realization/ weird kink) chickens are really cheap (2 cp) in the field guide meaning with even the minimum amount of starting wealth (30gp) and a way to obtain them, you could have 1,500 chickens before even starting play.
Honestly, considering that a farmer in most of the World's Most Popular...etc, make something like a silver or 2 per day and in actual gold and silver probably very little, if any. MOST people trade in goods and services, particularly in the assumed pre-industrial setting wherein most people are subsistence farmers, and that is pretty much the primary locus of economic activity. So while a farmer can make 30 gp or so in a year, they probably won't have that in actual gold- it is probably more like 30gp in value meaning a bunch of livestock, extra stores or feed, lumber for fence repairs and such...so 1500 chickens for a year's work of farming doesn't seem too large a number.
Seven

Post by Seven »

I don't think of chickens as a farming stock.
My grandmother used to raise chickens right in the middle of her village and that was only like 60 years ago.
Nobody will have 1500 chickens either.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, that would be a crazy number of chickens to take care of, even in a large family with many children.

BTW... I've tended chickens before; 20 to 30, if I remember right, for a couple of years.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org