CS2 The Dark Temple

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Re: The Dark Temple CONTEST ENTRY THREAD

Post by AlMan »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:51 pm ... Chi will just put the "ea." back in the XP entries ...
Ok, Ok, I'll leave them from now on.
teaman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm How many entries are there so far? Hope you got lots of great ones.
Teaman, if my calculations are correct we now have 6 entries.

I can just see yours have room after room full of Owlbears and Monkey bears (fully illustrated of course). :lol:
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

AlMan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:58 pm
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:51 pm ... Chi will just put the "ea." back in the XP entries ...
Ok, Ok, I'll leave them from now on.
Yes, it’s standard per the Style Guide to have “ea.” at the end for >1.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I just put PDFs of the entries so far into a thread that will become the voting thread after the deadline tomorrow. I fixed some formatting issues, and left others for later; hopefully everyone understands we're judging the content, not the layout. I don't think any of the remaining issues are all that bad, at least in terms of affecting understanding the adventures.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

chiisu81 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:15 pm:D
Skimming through your adventure now, chii. Happy to see that you and I picked some of the same/similar monsters for encounters. However, you seem much less merciful than I am (and that lack of mercy brings back so much old school gaming feels).
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Descent into Culwich corrections.

Page 3 – Room 5 – First paragraph – will we be able to see the message on this plane of existence?
Currently:
… it will illuminate a scrawled message on the southeast wall: “”.

Page 7 – Room 28 – Boxed text – capital ‘A’ should be lower case.
Currently:
Within that additional space is A shallow but wide table, …

Good luck in the contest. Even though we don't get anything, but bragging rights. :)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks Al. Arrrg I knew I left at least one thing blank that still needed finishing, but was rushing to meet the deadline. I'll work on that and the other items after the compilation is made.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you upload a fresh copy before the deadline I'll update the voting thread. Same goes for everyone... the deadline's not here yet, you still have a few hours to make corrections.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Cryanhall

Post by Cryanhall »

Well, I'm not going to make the deadline. I still plan to upload my adventure once it's finished though, if for no other reason than to share my ideas. Hopefully, I'll get it done by this end of this weekend.

Good luck to those of you who were able to complete it by the deadline, and thanks to Solo for holding the contest in the first place.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

chiisu81 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 am Thanks Al. Arrrg I knew I left at least one thing blank that still needed finishing, but was rushing to meet the deadline. I'll work on that and the other items after the compilation is made.
That's alright, I was thinking you were giving a couple of easy ones and that there was a grammar error that I should have picked up easily, but missed. :D
Cryanhall wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:59 pm Well, I'm not going to make the deadline. I still plan to upload my adventure once it's finished though, if for no other reason than to share my ideas. Hopefully, I'll get it done by this end of this weekend.

Good luck to those of you who were able to complete it by the deadline, and thanks to Solo for holding the contest in the first place.
Sorry to hear that Cryanhall, I would still like to see what you were able to put together.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Cryanhall wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:59 pm Well, I'm not going to make the deadline. I still plan to upload my adventure once it's finished though, if for no other reason than to share my ideas. Hopefully, I'll get it done by this end of this weekend.

Oh no! Wish you could have found the time to finish, but I'm happy you will still upload it once you're finished. Reading everybody's ideas and execution has been my favorite part of this whole thing.

Good luck to everybody who is participating. Here's hoping we have enough adventures and good content to make The Dark Temple a print candidate down the line.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II