Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Post by chiisu81 »

Layout and page breaks are usually a pain in the rear in LO.
Which page are you trying to inster the page break on (ie "continuing from")?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Im wanting to add a new page after the introduction of the module. Basically to put my lore onto that new page before it is "spoiled" from the first page.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

CTRL-Enter to force a new page. Then, go to Format, Columns to get a new two-column format block. 0.20 inches between columns is standard.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

ah thanks a bunch, but oddly as i do that it has a hard time responding so i have to end up force closing libre-office and then recovering my file :?.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Send me what you have at solomoriah@basicfantasy.org and I'll fix it and send it back to you.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Rookie555 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:41 am ah thanks a bunch, but oddly as i do that it has a hard time responding so i have to end up force closing libre-office and then recovering my file :?.
Whelp I just tried doing it and LO froze on me as well :evil:
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Well what I might do is redo the document and see what happens. I'm getting rid of the map page so that I can mess with working on the other adventures. Though the document I've edited is new and there are some minor changes. Also as i worked with mapmatic on here as well, is there any specific application i need to edit it? because as i downloaded it it came up unfamiliar to me in file.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I didn't have any problem editing the adventure. Are you presently working on it (as in, have you added to it)? If you have not, I can quickly edit it and upload a hopefully more stable copy.

MapMatic maps download as text files. They don't have a special file type, and they aren't understood by any other program. Normally I work in MapMatic +2 where it keeps track of my maps for me, and just download (save as) the "view" image which is a PNG file.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 am I didn't have any problem editing the adventure. Are you presently working on it (as in, have you added to it)? If you have not, I can quickly edit it and upload a hopefully more stable copy.
I haven't really done much to it until now. Though it would help if editing it is fine for you. I'll put the new one in the edited post. The thing i didn't do for the adventure's dungeon was adding numbers to each room. So that I'm not sure what i do for that
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

In MapMatic, room numbers can be added by typing "#1", "#2", etc. in the Cell field.
For any other maps I always added them in an image editor.