Grimfall Quests

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Grimfall Quests

Post by AlMan »

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you Grimfall Quests. This is a set of adventures that I thought up to explore more of the wider world of The Western Lands. I got about a little over half way and my creativity needs a rest, in other words I've got writers block. If anyone is willing to take a look at the outlines I've done up for the unfinished portions and fill them out, please do so and add your name to the Author list.

I'm also looking for maps for the last 4 dragons', yes dragons', lairs.

Please let me know what you think, at the end I've added place names for many of the unnamed locations on the original Western Lands map. I don't have the software to create a name layer for the map. This would also be for Solo to "bless", since it is his world and I'm just playing in it.

Also please make any corrections that need to be done.

I've grabbed some of the artwork from Teaman and Zoltor's Inkwell, some of the art was developed for the Search of Grimfall that is currently in AA3. I'm hoping that if people like the AA3 adventure they would maybe like the rest of the story here. Thank you both for the images and hope you like how they are being used.

Thank you, AlMan
Attachments
Grimfall-Quests-r4.odt
(23.86 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
Grimfall-Quests-r4.pdf
(6.03 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
chiisu81

Re: Grimfall Quests

Post by chiisu81 »

*opens document expecting a dozen pages or so*
Attachments
apparentlyalsbeentypingyall.gif
apparentlyalsbeentypingyall.gif (1.25 MiB) Viewed 4035 times
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

chiisu81 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:27 am *opens document expecting a dozen pages or so*
This version is probably the fifth longest book if my page counts are correct, it would easily pass AA2 to be the fourth longest when it is finished.
Seven

Post by Seven »

It it's OK to just point out corrections.

Page 3. "sever heresy" should be "severe heresy".

"day light" could be "daylight".
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Seven wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:56 pm It it's OK to just point out corrections.

Page 3. "sever heresy" should be "severe heresy".

"day light" could be "daylight".
Thank you, Seven, how do you want to be credited as a proofreader?
Seven

Post by Seven »

Just pick a number between 6 and 8.

Page 6 . "After getting to the swamp the party will find a village, the buildings are not as well built as humans would make anything, and the buildings seem much shorter."

This feels like a comparative illusion. Maybe break the first part into its own sentence. Maybe say that the buildings are crudely made and are too short for humans. Note that doorways can be low on purpose as a defensive measure. It's easier to club over someone who has to lean forward to step through.

Page 7. Room 3. It's a "dais", not a "dias".

Page 8. Room 6. You might describe the potion of delusion further. (I would just roll again.)
Last edited by Seven on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 13. "Fader Vineknock will tell the party to go to the mouth of the Grim River there is a logging concern and ships headed to Corvis stop to pick up loads of lumber."

That should probably be 2 sentences.

"There are two routes that ships will use one goes almost straight west and follows the northern coast of Corvis Island then stops at Novatia."

Same.

Page 14. Should probably have a description of the tower as the party approaches it.

Room 1. "the feeling fo being watched." should be "for".
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

This is a really great little series of adventures. I love it! Well done sir.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 14. Room 2. "the Magic User that occupied this Tower at one time was actually a Necromancer, considering the number of bones and skeletons in various states of disarticulation."

Maybe replace "considering" with "which explains".

"This is a Laboratory if entered from Room 5 there is a set of shelves to the immediate left."

Maybe a coma after laboratory, unless it's something else if entered from another room.

Page 15. Room 7. Maybe "someone" instead of "some one".

Page 17. Room 14. "candle snifter" might be "candle snuffer".

Rome 17. Would influenza resolves itself within 14 days or so if left uncured?