Tiny solo adventure

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
johndice

Tiny solo adventure

Post by johndice »

Heya everyone,

I made a really tiny pamphlet adventure a few weeks ago kinda based on how I like to play Basic Fantasy modules using solo oracles. Basic Fantasy is precious to me, so I thought it might be fun to share here on the forums. Maybe someone else who enjoys playing solo can use it as well.

Cheerio,

John
Attachments
The Whispering Church.pdf
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 2554 times
Last edited by johndice on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mythos

Re: Tiny solo adventure

Post by Mythos »

This looks very interesting. I'll play this with my brother. I know that a player can DM and play solo adventures, but I've never heard of this technique with the random, cryptic table answers.
May I ask how you created this document? Did you make this in Microsoft Word or Libreoffice Writer and export it as a PDF? I'd like to make my own adventures in the future.
Also, there are some white boxes at the bottom of the second page, in the PDF file. Are those unicode characters?
Screenshot (185).png
Screenshot (185).png (16.15 KiB) Viewed 8500 times
johndice

Post by johndice »

Heya Mythos, thanks a bunch! I often play with my son like this. I have fun playing GM-less for sure :) I whipped up a trifold template for A4 in Affinity publisher and exported to pdf. The boxes are from the Affinity glyph browser.
Cheerio!
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Thanks for sharing this! I have yet to run a pamphlet adventure but I have always been so intrigued by the format and layout of these I love just reading and collecting them lol.
johndice

Post by johndice »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:08 am Thanks for sharing this! I have yet to run a pamphlet adventure but I have always been so intrigued by the format and layout of these I love just reading and collecting them lol.
Heya, thanks CptClyde!
Yeah, I really like pamphlets as well they are nice to stuff in your game bag :)

Cheerio
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I just printed it off and hope to run this solo, and play through it blind without reading it ahead of time. I might record my play through and post it on my little YouTube channel lol I'll post back here if/when done. Thanks again.
johndice

Post by johndice »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 am I just printed it off and hope to run this solo, and play through it blind without reading it ahead of time. I might record my play through and post it on my little YouTube channel lol I'll post back here if/when done. Thanks again.
Ooh, exciting! Looking forward to watching it. :)
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 am I just printed it off and hope to run this solo, and play through it blind without reading it ahead of time. I might record my play through and post it on my little YouTube channel lol I'll post back here if/when done. Thanks again.
Please make sure to link it here! :)
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Thanks! This looks great!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

This should be moved to the Workshop (I don't know how to do it yet)
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/