No active pbp threads?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Tazer_The_Yoot

No active pbp threads?

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

So, to be clear, this forum no longer hosts active play by post games, correct? Or else I'm really bad at finding any. It seems that stopped around ten years ago, maybe? I've got a BFRPG game of this type planned for sometime in the near future, and I figured the official boards would be the ideal recruiting grounds for such an endeavor.
Rosisha

Re: No active pbp threads?

Post by Rosisha »

I posted on FB and got some people for a roll20 game. I'm not sure if that helps or doesn't help.
Tazer_The_Yoot

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

Rosisha wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:21 am I posted on FB and got some people for a roll20 game. I'm not sure if that helps or doesn't help.
Thanks, but what I'm primarily interested in going forward in my gaming is forum based play-by-post games. Roll20 is a popular platform a lot of people enjoy but it's a little too newfangled for my sensibilities.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Totally fair! You can talk to the Big Boss of Doom, and see if he could open a room up for you! I'll join :)
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The standard way is to make a post telling other that you want to GM a game here, if enough people to start the game shows up then pm Solo and he will create the place for that game.

The forum has become really quiet gaming-wise, so, after creating the post go to the FB group and direct them to your post if they want to join it.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, it's not that we don't host PbP games, it's that nobody is running one right now.

Start an invite thread, and if you get a satisfactory response PM me a link to the thread and a list of the members you are inviting/accepting, and I'll spin up a new subforum for you.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Tazer_The_Yoot

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:37 pm Yeah, it's not that we don't host PbP games, it's that nobody is running one right now.

Start an invite thread, and if you get a satisfactory response PM me a link to the thread and a list of the members you are inviting/accepting, and I'll spin up a new subforum for you.
Great. Thank you. This is more of an "early intel gathering" thread. It'll be sometime after I wrap up a pbp I'm doing elsewhere currently. I just wanted to know if it was a potential option here. Good to know.
Rosisha wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:26 pm Totally fair! You can talk to the Big Boss of Doom, and see if he could open a room up for you! I'll join :)
Good to know! One player would be infinitely preferably to zero players. One player would be fine. I'm hoping for three or four. I think I'll manage. Again, this is more of a pre-announcement than an announcement.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Sounds good!
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I was thinking about that as to getting a pbp set up on here. Possibly that I could get something going since doing solo play is more tiring myself and I'd just rather play with others.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I've never played by post before but would like to try if you don't mind a newbie. It sounds cool!