Miniatures

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
teaman

Re: Miniatures

Post by teaman »

AlMan wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:14 pm
teaman wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:39 am Always great to see your minis. Inspires me to get going on mine.

Where did you get the dragons and the little devils? Just curious. I know Dollar Tree had dragons years back.
I got a tube of SCS Monsters, available through Amazon, which included the Devils, Werewolves, Lizard-Men, Fishmen, Cyclopes, and Flesh Golems that are in previous entries in this thread. I haven't finished some of the other sculpts in this set, Vampires, Giant Spiders, Mummies, Giant Moths, Zombies or Tombstones. I haven't done the Mummies or Zombies since I have so many others from my Dollar General sets.

The Dragons came from a tube of SCS Fantasy creatures, this set included Wizards, Female Elf Bows, Centaurs, Unicorns, Fairies, Etons, Dwarf Axe-men. I didn't do the Skeletons from this set because the sculpts were badly bent over and will not stand straight. Also the shields tend to fall off, I might make a pile of hot glue and paint it gold and put some glitter polish on it to represent gems, then paint a shield and glue it to the pile as a magic shield. They have also updated the set to be boxed and includes some new sculpts that I didn't get in the original; Full Plate Knights, Minotaurs, Griffons and Nagas. The tube version I got had two sets of Tombstones that I painted up but didn't show.

All of these are larger than the standard 1/28th scale of the WizKid and Reaper these are more like 1/32, but like telling a fishing story the opponent is always larger than life.
Thanks Al, I'll have to take a look at them. Happy painting! (just don't beat the devil out of the brush with thinner in it. Bad idea all around).
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

teaman wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:38 pm Thanks Al, I'll have to take a look at them. Happy painting! (just don't beat the devil out of the brush with thinner in it. Bad idea all around).
But its sooo much fun beating the brush against the easel!!!!
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Before it started storming today I was able to get these done.
Vampires 1.jpg
Vampires 1.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1648 times
Vampires 1 ( Red and Black cape liners)
Vampires 2.jpg
Vampires 2.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1648 times
Vampires 1 (Purple and Black cape liners)
Spiders.jpg
Spiders.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1648 times
Giant Recluse and Giant Black Widow Spiders vs an elf. Scared my son with the Black Widow Spider.

Enjoy.

Thanks you for the complement teaman your art work is also an inspiration to me.
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

Good job! Where did you get the spiders? I can always use more.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

tkdco2 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:22 pm Good job! Where did you get the spiders? I can always use more.
Check my response to teaman its all explained there.
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

Thanks, AlMan!
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

I used the video tutorial that CptClyde posted on his YouTube channel some time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Hm8EhTuDQ

I chose to buy thick precut magnets in bulk though, and I'm really happy with their weight. Also, they fit nicely in the clear superglue 3-pack containers sold at Dollarama, so I have safe storage for the 50 I've made. Thanks, Luke.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

If you have arachnophobia just skip this post.

Here is a better pic of the Spiders, I also did a Giant Garden Spider, although the Recluse and Garden Spiders are not in the Core Rules, I'll just use these as general spiders.
Black Widow, Recluse, Garden Spiders.jpg
Black Widow, Recluse, Garden Spiders.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1523 times
The mini is actual about as large as an actual Garden Spider, I saw many of them on the farm I grew up on.

These other spiders are color coded so my players just need to name the color of the spider. If I ever get another set of SCS Monsters I might paint the garden spiders with alternate colors to make them more interesting. I might also make alternate Black widow spiders too.
Colored Spiders.jpg
Colored Spiders.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1523 times
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Color bands are a good idea for using minis! Nice job.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

Well done on the spiders! Color coding is a very useful for keeping track of opponents when you have several miniatures that look the same.