Wisdom in the game

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
bät

Wisdom in the game

Post by bät »

Does anyone else use Wisdom in Iron Falcon? We are two games in and while I realize it was for clerics it seems like a pointless attribute otherwise so instead I use it thusly: Anyone can Make a Wisdom check to notice anything odd around them, Thieves get a modifier using the Intelligence table levels for modifiers. Demi-humans also do this for their special abilities, also using the same modifiers as thieves, this way a dwarf can be wrong in judging oddities in stonework. We are two games in and so far it is working well.
Creator of Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets.

Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

Jag är inte en människa. Det här är bara en dröm, och snart vaknar jag.
Tazer_The_Yoot

Re: Wisdom in the game

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

The mechanics for Surprise and spotting secret doors or traps are the more catch-all mechanic for these situations IMO. They're baked into the game and are more reliant on class and race choice than Ability score, which is more the style of the original game, but of course there's nothing really wrong with tying more things into Abilities if you really want to.
bät

Re: Wisdom in the game

Post by bät »

And I am fine with that. As I run a 'Mythic Underworld' style game and have explained this to the players we do like that, for example, a dwarf's ability to see changes in stonework may not be perfect as Chaos shifts and bends reality.
Creator of Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets.

Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

Jag är inte en människa. Det här är bara en dröm, och snart vaknar jag.