Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Post by chiisu81 »

Monsters: are multiple attacks (not the damage) still using slashes, or now commas? I see both being used...
total party kill

Post by total party kill »

In r110, on page 4, there is a reference to the Character Classes section that tells the reader that the information can be found on page 7. As of r110, Character Classes section is found on page 10, not 7.

Edit: VVV Agreed. I found more.
Last edited by total party kill on Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Probably best to Never directly cite page numbers in the text. Instead, just point to the "section names". This just avoids these situations, where the exact page counts can change with time, addition of material, addition of artwork, etc.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

SmootRK wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:13 pm Probably best to Never directly cite page numbers in the text. Instead, just point to the "section names". This just avoids these situations, where the exact page counts can change with time, addition of material, addition of artwork, etc.
I thought they were all cross-references now which automatically update, this one just may have been missed when it was updated to those?
No matter where you go...there you are
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, cross-references update automatically. I have never seen them not work right; I have, however, sometimes tagged the wrong cross-reference.
total party kill wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:58 am In r110, on page 4, there is a reference to the Character Classes section that tells the reader that the information can be found on page 7. As of r110, Character Classes section is found on page 10, not 7.

Edit: VVV Agreed. I found more.
... um... the references are correct. You are looking at the PDF page number, which counts the title page, signature page, and table of contents page; the cross-references are using the numbers printed at the bottom of each page. They are meant to be useful when reading a print book. When using a PDF with bookmarks, clicking the page number in the cross-reference will hyperlink you to the correct location.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

chiisu81 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:50 am Monsters: are multiple attacks (not the damage) still using slashes, or now commas? I see both being used...
Commas. Where are you seeing slashes? I went through and changed every one that Dimi called out.

... ah. Dimi called them out after R110 was released. I'm looking at the unreleased R111, which I will not release until I get the last two art pieces I'm awaiting.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

SO I just realized how stupid that is.

R111 is uploading now, just two art pieces short of done; look it over for errors, and thanks!

(announcement coming after the slow upload finishes.)
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:45 am SO I just realized how stupid that is.

R111 is uploading now, just two art pieces short of done; look it over for errors, and thanks!

(announcement coming after the slow upload finishes.)
what are the art pieces you're waiting on?
No matter where you go...there you are
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Core Rules 4th Edition, Release 111 -- March 03, 2023
Many more small but important edits and a lot of new art have gone into this almost-ready release. Two art pieces are expected, one of which is represented in this print as a gray box; please don't report it as an error, but please look through the book for any other issues that need immediate correction, and thanks!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#corerules4
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Boggo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:52 am what are the art pieces you're waiting on?
Gabe Fua is drawing a Pixie image I requested, and Bruce Ripple is doing the metal elemental. His wood elemental is in this new release.