Inquisitor / Zealot Class

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
karnypharax

Inquisitor / Zealot Class

Post by karnypharax »

The following attachment is my attempt at an Inquisitor class. Any questions or feedback are welcome.
Attachments
Inquisitor Class.pdf
A thief-based class with divine spell casting ability.
(123.77 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
PerformanceChecks

Re: Inquisitor / Zealot Class

Post by PerformanceChecks »

From a cursory glance...

Introduction says it's the monk class

"Discern Lies - Once per day, Starting at first level and every
third level after, The inquisitor can channel divine energies to
possibly detect a lie."
What happens every 3 levels? I assume it gets another use of this? Maybe cap it at some point, but it's not necessarily needed as few games (in my experience) get to a point where this is a major problem.

Thief abilities? Of what level? Probably intended to be of the same level, with the increased exp curb, but it's currently unclear.

Class seems *decently* balanced by my tastes (which are generally a bit above normal OSR power), but Convert as is is a bit too strong. Perhaps limit it to creatures of a third or half of the inquistitor's hit die?

All in all, this seems like a fun social class that can do minimal clerical magic in combat. I'll probably have it as an option at my table with minimal changes.
karnypharax

Re: Inquisitor / Zealot Class

Post by karnypharax »

So the idea is that they progress with thief skills the same way that a thief would. The special abilities such as Discern Lies gain an additional daily use every three character levels (1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th level), same for Forced Confession (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th level) and etc.