Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
bugleyman

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Post by bugleyman »

Page 36, the first sentence of the description of Silence, 15' radius reads:

"This spell creates a spherical area with a 15 radius where no sound will pass."

It should probably read:

"This spell creates a spherical area with a 15' radius where no sound will pass."
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Will the 4ed cover be available for download? I'm guessing "yes", with the "when" question be "when Solo gets to it", so, Solo, can you upload it please?
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

bugleyman, I have implemented your last three suggestions. Regarding distances, in general I'm trying to avoid the ' and " marks for feet and inches respectively as I've learned our non-US community members find them confusing sometimes. Logical, as they don't use either feet or inches much in the first place. Using the words makes this more clear.

Changing the symbols to words is not a priority, just something we do while doing other editing.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dimirag: When I'm good and ready. :D
bugleyman

Post by bugleyman »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:53 pm bugleyman, I have implemented your last three suggestions. Regarding distances, in general I'm trying to avoid the ' and " marks for feet and inches respectively as I've learned our non-US community members find them confusing sometimes. Logical, as they don't use either feet or inches much in the first place. Using the words makes this more clear.

Changing the symbols to words is not a priority, just something we do while doing other editing.
Ah; that makes sense (it probably doesn't help that we use a single ' mark for the longer increment of distance). Thank you for the explanation.

May I ask whether are you changing the title as well, or leaving that bit intact in homage?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

bugleyman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:56 pm May I ask whether are you changing the title as well, or leaving that bit intact in homage?
Leaving it as is. The textual description should clarify any confusion.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:54 pm Dimirag: When I'm good and ready. :D
The standard Basic Fantasy ETA :lol:
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:53 pm as I've learned our non-US community members find them confusing sometimes.
It took me some time to get used to it, as we use the metric system the ' and " are used for minutes and seconds.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
bugleyman

Post by bugleyman »

Dimirag wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:15 pm
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:53 pm as I've learned our non-US community members find them confusing sometimes.
It took me some time to get used to it, as we use the metric system the ' and " are used for minutes and seconds.
As do we here in the USA – in addition to using them for feet and inches – because apparently we aren't the biggest fans of clarity. ;-)

Seriously though, while I'd personally die on the "metric is strictly better" hill, the last time we seriously tried to switch over was when I was a kid back in the 1980s. Our country...just wasn't having it.

-- The Dalai Lama
bugleyman

Post by bugleyman »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:54 pm Dimirag: When I'm good and ready. :D
The standard Basic Fantasy ETA :lol:
With the amount we're paying... ;-)

-- The Dalai Lama
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Many (Gen-X and older) Canadians are fluent enough in Imperial system to understand feet (') and inches ("), but I think we all die a little more inside each time we have to interpret a date written in MM-DD-YY(YY) format. :D