TL1 Beneath the Silver Spire

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: TL1 Beneath the Silver Spire

Post by toddlyons »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:54 am I've been removing specific references to certain Field Guides, as long-term there will just be one combined FG; and there's no certainty the entries used in these adventures will even make it to the combined CC-licensed FG.
Okay. I'll shorten it to just mention Field Guide in a future version.

If we're going to lose significant monsters due to licensing, I'd be inclined to rewrite them with new language.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

We can rewrite monsters we don't have license for.

So long as we are allowed to continue publishing the Field Guides under the OGL, we will, and all monsters listed in those books can be used in CC BY-SA adventures as long as you don't copy any actual textual descriptions from the book. Curiously, the way art is licensed, you're free to use any that we have for those creatures.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Release 7 adds Attack Bonus and some minor edits and formatting.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I'm not currently proofreading anything, so let me know if you would like me to do a read-through of this.
I'm also on RPGG
Mars

Post by Mars »

I just downloaded the 7th version and started looking through it. On first glance it looks excellent, very polished, ambitious in scope. I actually really like a lot of the Public Domain artwork you've selected, too. Where'd you find that stuff?
Check out my online dice store: https://thediceking.com.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:19 am I'm not currently proofreading anything, so let me know if you would like me to do a read-through of this.
Sure, Daniel. Go ahead. :D
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Mars wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:26 am Where'd you find that stuff?
Many hours of combing through oldbookillustrations.com. I've selected some (46) PD pieces for Chrysogon's Coterie as well, which will show up in a future release.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:55 am
JugglinDan wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:19 am I'm not currently proofreading anything, so let me know if you would like me to do a read-through of this.
Sure, Daniel. Go ahead. :D
Ok, will start tomorrow. I just finished a full run through EE tonight. Yes, I could have been progressing my solo Ironsworn campaign ...
I'm also on RPGG
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:59 am
Mars wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:26 am Where'd you find that stuff?
Many hours of combing through oldbookillustrations.com. I've selected some (46) PD pieces for Chrysogon's Coterie as well, which will show up in a future release.
I just had a quick look at that site. Great stuff! I found - a little late perhaps - the castle from the ending to my old Scarlet Heroes solo game. My character Ember went into that castle to confront the vampire that used to be her father.
I'm also on RPGG
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I grabbed both the r7 PDF and ODT. Even if I don't make tracked edits to the ODT, it helps with identifying font issues and things like double spaces in the wrong place. Though if this work is early enough in the lifecycle that the document flow isn't settled down yet then I could submit R7a as tracked changes. Otherwise posting to here works too. I'm getting faster at that approach.
I'm also on RPGG