I saw the movie

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Re: I saw the movie

Post by SmootRK »

So, got a chance to watch the movie via a totally bootleg site because I still refuse to endorse WotC with my actual money....

... that said, I found the movie very entertaining overall. A fun ride and filled with cool D&D (and/or more specifically Forgotten Realms) lore. I liked how much they really tried to include actual gaming bits into the movie. While I have not used FR content in a very long time, I am a fan, especially of the older materials before all the 4 and 5E fluff.

I still stand by my opinion that I would have preferred a more "serious" approach instead of comedic, but still had a good time watching the movie. I especially loved the inclusion of the D&D Comic characters as cameos.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I watched it yesterday, Jack Sparrow style ;)
Besides all the "obligatory" setting references I specially liked the party cameo.
Its not mind-blowing but it manages to entertain.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm hoping it did well enough to get them talking about sequels and possible new series on Paramount+. I would love to see a D&D version of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

sadly, by money accounts, it was a flop, and is already out of theaters and now released as VOD/streaming.

While I enjoyed the movie a lot, I *was* a little perturbed by the producers stating unequivocally that they purposefully "emasculated" (direct quote there) the male leads because doing so was "Funny and Fresh."
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

dymondy2k wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:43 pm I'm hoping it did well enough to get them talking about sequels and possible new series on Paramount+. I would love to see a D&D version of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Since Hasbro are trying to sell the studio, I would advise against holding your breath...
No matter where you go...there you are
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Well I still have Vox Machina..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony