Play-by-post still available?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Tazer_The_Yoot

Re: Play-by-post still available?

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

Boggo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:38 am they are exceedingly hard things to keep peoples interest in
That's been my experience on various online spaces as well but your mileage may vary.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Sure, but sometimes they go a long time. One game I'm in has been going a few years. I joined it in January 2022. Over a year and counting now...
Tazer_The_Yoot

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

TPFox wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:24 pm Sure, but sometimes they go a long time. One game I'm in has been going a few years. I joined it in January 2022. Over a year and counting now...
That's good news. Longest I kept one going so far before it fizzled out was about eight months. The 4th edition of BFRPG might be a good excuse to try again, though...

Maybe next year, in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of D&D. Just an old school dungeon crawl in a sandbox setting.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

What a nice idea sir!
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Tazer_The_Yoot wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:14 am
TPFox wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:24 pm Sure, but sometimes they go a long time. One game I'm in has been going a few years. I joined it in January 2022. Over a year and counting now...
That's good news. Longest I kept one going so far before it fizzled out was about eight months. The 4th edition of BFRPG might be a good excuse to try again, though...

Maybe next year, in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of D&D. Just an old school dungeon crawl in a sandbox setting.
As someone who loves a good dungeon crawl even after all these years I think that's an awesome idea. I would suggest the megadungeon currently under construction in the Dungeon23 thread.
I'm also on RPGG
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

I've been running Play by post games on discord for the last 3 years using BFRPG. It's been fairly successful but player retention is always and issue. I've been finding that one shots are usually the best way to run games. I've been lucky to have a current crew up for chaining one shots together for play until we decide to take a break.

Forum play by post games for other systems I've played in the past often fell off after the first month.

If you'd be up for trying PBP via discord let me know.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Sure GrimlinJoe, that would be great! I've never used Discord. Could you maybe message me to get me started to join? Are your house rules on Discord too?
Jason_Dockins

Post by Jason_Dockins »

I have been looking to get involved in a pbp game. I have been experience a chronic illness lately and the idea of an in person game is beyond me at this point. Let me know if anyone is interested in another player.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I would get on our Discord site and ping Grimlin Joe.. he does nothing but run PBP games.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

How do you get on the discord site? I've never tried any discord before...