[Roll20] About the character sheets...

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Athalawulfs

[Roll20] About the character sheets...

Post by Athalawulfs »

Hi!

I was trying to figure out how the character sheet works (the automated one), but then I realized it would be a little bit more difficult than I had thought.

Then it came to my mind to come here an search for a tutorial or something like that, but I wasn't able to find anything.

So my main question is: is there a tutorial on how to use that sheet?

Additional context: I know some people might think "just stick with the non-automated one, it's pretty simple". The fact is: my friends started playing during the pandemics, for which reason they're more used to automated sheets we often used for other systems (such as DnD and Tormenta20) and indeed prefer these instead of pen and paper.

Thanks in advance!
Jacerent omnia in tenebris, nisi litterarum lumen accederet.
deadPan c

Re: [Roll20] About the character sheets...

Post by deadPan c »

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I would just use a regular sheet. Character generation is super quick and easy, and as far as I'm aware Roll20 doesn't support BFRPG innately.

Personally I would discourage reliance on automated tools for character generation (in any RPG). Overall I think that it means players (especially new players) won't actually know how things such as AC are calculated, and thus make the whole process awkward when you want to use houserules that rely on other aspects of a given game.
Any pronouns

First rolled a d20 in 2018

Absolute dice goblin. Very original, I know.