The Signal (Episode 3)

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Episode 3: A Routine Survey

Post by Solomoriah »

"Do you have any idea what kind of air you'll get if you turn it on? Scratch that, no sense playing with the alien toys. I'm presently moving into a rendezvous orbit that will put me adjacent to you in fifteen minutes or so. By myself, I don't know if I can tether the ships together, so going EVA to bring you your suits may be a bit risky, but unless you can think of a better plan that's what we'll have to do."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Woe

Post by Woe »

Hm... grade 3 concussion. Not good. MRIs are just starting to get popular, so she'll think of it as a "wouldn't it be nice if..." opposed to wanting to do it. In the 60's, I think concussions were treated with R&R. If Driscoll complains of a headache, she'll hand out some aspirin.

It sounds like Scott should get some aspirin as well.

"Hey Samantha! You got the computer working." She looks over Samantha's shoulder at the screen. "How do you understand all of that? It looks like Egyptian to me."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Scott comes up groggily but comes instantly alert when he realizes the ship isn't creating air. he decides that while they wait for the captain to bring us suits he will investigate the rest of the ship looking for anything that might help the situation.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hyway, you'll need to be more specific with that instruction. As in, where do you start?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

if their are any storage closets around the airlock I will start there. Then go thru the hatch leading past the bridge section (not the direction driscoll and I went first)
Mint

Post by Mint »

Samantha passes along the Captain's message to Amanda and tells her about the sphere.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Mint wrote:Samantha passes along the Captain's message to Amanda and tells her about the sphere.
Which you left lying on the surface... Remember, Samantha passed out, then Woe posted this:
Woe wrote:As she gets near Samantha, she'll holster her sidearm, scoop up Samantha as best she can, and run into the airlock. She won't take the time to get the sphere or spider.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:if their are any storage closets around the airlock I will start there. Then go thru the hatch leading past the bridge section (not the direction driscoll and I went first)
If there were storage closets of any sort, Lieutenant Scott couldn't figure out how to open them; certainly he could see the seams of panels that might open, but actually doing so was beyond his understanding.

The aft hatch, on the other hand, opened easily enough. The space beyond was open, empty, and as amazingly clean as the rest of the ship had been. Looking closer, he realized the bulkheads were covered in rectangular panels of all shapes and sizes, and with a little poking and prodding he figured out the trick of opening them. Some were storage cubbies, while others were apparently bunks or chairs of some sort that folded up into the walls. The storage units were mostly empty; those artifacts he found, he could not immediately identify. They might have been tools, or cooking utensils, or any number of other things; all the items he discovered were either bare metallic in color or were colored in dark blues and greens. A few larger items had a variety of the silver studs on them, but as he handled one heavy rectangular item that was covered with them, even the bold Lieutenant had to admit that pushing them might well be dangerous.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Remember, gravity is zero, and you are using only the air trapped inside the ship. It's the planet's air, so it's a bit light on oxygen, but not so much that you can't live on it in a pinch (at least until it runs out).
Woe

Post by Woe »

Little did you know, Amanda is an avid scuba diver. She knows she consumes about 20 cubic feet of air per day. Obviously this air isn't compressed, but it should help us figure out how much time we have before things go very bad.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot