Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post by Solomoriah »

Al: I knew I'd seen that artwork. The working R45 I was doing layout on before the OGL mess started has it. Attached you will find a sample page.
Attachments
Basic-Fantasy-Field-Guide-2-r45-sample.pdf
(792.15 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:37 pm Al: I knew I'd seen that artwork. The working R45 I was doing layout on before the OGL mess started has it. Attached you will find a sample page.
I didn't get to see R45. I was going by R44 which is the last version I downloaded.

By the way, I've gotten through the Monsters and have started on the Treasure chapter. I'm up to Explanation of Magic Items.

Posted the last in the Core Rules thread.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, I was building R45 from the proofed R44. Never got it released before the mess started.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

We haven't posted in this thread, but if you haven't emailed Solo yet to consent for your work to be re-licensed under CC BY-SA please do so (if you have and don't see your name/handle on this page, please email him again):

Send an email to solomoriah@basicfantasy.org saying:

I, [your name here as it appears in the credits], hereby grant to Chris Gonnerman my consent to change the license of any work I have done on any Basic Fantasy Project document to the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Without this your entry(ies) from Field Guide 2 can't be used in the upcoming combined Field Guide.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

For the Ghostcap Bloom how does it exactly attack? Should it be vines or canes or does it fold over and bash its pray?
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

It attacks with pure bad attitude?
No matter where you go...there you are
leon

Post by leon »

The description says it attacks by "grabbing and crushing" that "entangles", which implies something like a vine. The crushing must be by constriction. Somehow I had it in my head that these were more like rose bushes, but the illustration that showed up later looks like cross between an orchid and a fern.

Maybe these grabbing appendages should be called tendrils.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

leon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:57 pm The description says it attacks by "grabbing and crushing" that "entangles", which implies something like a vine. The crushing must be byconstriction. Somehow I had it in my head that these were more like rose bushes, but the illustration that showed up later looks like cross between an orchid and a fern.

Maybe these grabbing appendages should be called tendrils.
+1 for tendrils, for some reason they sound spookier and scarier!!
No matter where you go...there you are
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I'm starting work on Volume 1, will r45 of Volume 2 be available for an editing pass?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It's in Projects now for you. Take the copy there out, do your updates, and put the updated copy back there. No need to bump the number.