Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
arcbolt21

Collaborative Setting?

Post by arcbolt21 »

Has anyone ever thought of working together with others here to make a setting for use with BFRPG. It would, of course, not be official, but it could be a good exercise in world building for GMs and players alike.
Longman

Re: Collaborative Setting?

Post by Longman »

A guy called medievalman did this last year. It was quite a popular thread for a while.

I'd do it but only if we were aiming at some actual product. If it's totally free-form it will likely fizzle out.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Hmm... You might be right, Longman. Why not do is as a gazetteer with a small section of houserules for BFRPG for it in the back (pantheon, knightly and monastic orders, etc.)?
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

We could do a large hex map, then have folks put up something they would like to see on it. If they get the a-okay from three others, then it can go in. But being a gazetteer it would need to be a little 'slim' so to present decent info for the setting but not look like it's numerous pages from wikipedia for instance.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I think we should do it as a continent - like Europe - divided up into a number of countries.

Each participant gets a country, and provides details on that country. We'd have to agree on an approximate era / tech level / level of magic use, and then go for it.

After we had fleshed out the kingdoms a bit we could decide how they were going to be positioned on a map.

I think having a hex map with approval required from 3 different players would be tough going, personally.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

That might be interesting, actually. We'd have to figure out how many countries there are, and I also suggest a 'wilds' section where civilization ends and monsters and nature reigns.
Longman

Post by Longman »

For sure.

Hey! Anyone else interested in setting up a country for a campaign setting?
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

I think we should establish the number of countries first. I think a good even number of 10 countries is good. If we get more than 10 people on board, then we can bump this up as needed.

Claiming dibs on the Elven nation!
Longman

Post by Longman »

I'll do a human kingdom.

You might be lucky to get 4 or 5.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'd be interested to chip in, as I'm sure others as the ball gets rolling. I was looking for that thread MM started, and its fault was not having its work/files hosted on this site (ie the links don't work anymore). So if you do start to post something in Workshop, please be sure to attach the actual files!