Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
donpedicinijr

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by donpedicinijr »

Hello, I am Don. I have been lurking for a little bit but I finally want to say hi. I started in about 1982 getting both the red and blue box sets plus the DMG, Monster Manual and Players Handbook for Christmas. I took some years off due to life but I really miss the creativity of developing settings, adventures and the characters. I am going to really read over the template material and hopefully create some environments to share with everyone.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Welcome, Don. I took over 30 years off due to kids and career. It's always a good time to start again.

It's great that you're here. 8-)
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Don!!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
fchrisb804

Post by fchrisb804 »

Hello,

Where can I asked questions about the game? Thanks. :)
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Here in the General discussions section, create a new thread and ask your question!
No matter where you go...there you are
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome, sure, start a new thread on the General Discussion and ask all you want.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
apfel2pomme

Post by apfel2pomme »

Hello you all.
My name is André Macieira, but ppl usually call me by my surname.
I'm from Brazil and, differently of most of you guys, I began playing rpg with GURPS cyberpunk at school in 1990.
Fantasy games came latter with the black box and ad&d 2ed which I played a lot in my teenage years and in my early 20's.
I have never switched to 3e since life got in the way and I needed to take care of stuff.
At early 2010 I found my old love in the labyrinth lord game, later in sword & wizardry and bfrpg when the 3rd Ed came. The later, although not my primary game, is my comfort place to be when things get tough.
I Hope I can help birthing the 4ed. :D
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

Hey folks! I discovered BFRPG and OSR with the current OGL debacle and I love the community you've fostered here!

I've played RPGs since the late 80's when a friend found the old red box at a local thrift store, then moved through Palladium TMNT, Robotech, and Rifts books. Jumped to World of Darkness for the rest of my teens, then bounced from GURPS to Mutants and Masterminds, Exalted, Tribe 8... my group was pretty adventurous with new systems.

I moved away from them in the last year and I'm trying to find my new group. Played some 5e Radiant Citadel mixed with Spelljammer with my kids this last year, and now looking for exactly what BFRPG is offering. A system with community contributions that's open and free to play.

I'd love to help with art duties, and you can see my work at https://ramshornstudios.com
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome!
Regarding art, read the post on the Art Section, then feel free to roam the forum to see what catches your eye.
We work via freedom, instead of asking artist for specific pieces we let them create as they please (but Solo has full authority to ask for specific art or to specific artists).

With the 4ed being forged art is surely going to be added there.
Then is the Chrysogon's Coterie than can benefit from more art.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

RamsHornStudios wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:24 pm Hey folks! I discovered BFRPG and OSR with the current OGL debacle and I love the community you've fostered here!
The silver lining in all of this is that it's brought new collaborators aboard. Welcome! We're glad you're here. I'm going to take a look at your site, but if there are any B&W sketches you have on hand, start a fresh thread in the Artwork section!
Dimirag wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:36 pm Then is the Chrysogon's Coterie than can benefit from more art.
Thanks for the plug, Dimirag. :D