Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
miqued

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by miqued »

Hi, I'm miqued or Mique D., whichever you think you can pronounce better (miqued rhymes with liquid at least). I've been on the forums for awhile, made a few supplements that are mostly reference and note-taking sheets, but I never really considered formally introducing myself til now when I see so many other people coming on.

Basic Fantasy stood out when I was looking to "go back" but couldn't yet afford the advanced first edition prints from drivethru... well, now I have few of those reprints but every single Basic Fantasy book, so I guess Basic Fantasy won me over. My favorite module types, regardless of branding, are anthologies like the AA series here or I13 from "those guys". Feel free to offer me suggestions for modules of those kind, whoever may offer them.
toddlyons wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:32 pm Plenty of Linux users in our ranks, too.
I use arch btw.
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
leon

Post by leon »

We should start a Linuxkin guild. I've been on Ubuntu since 2006.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

leon wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:05 pm We should start a Linuxkin guild. I've been on Ubuntu since 2006.
Yes! Happy Debian user since 2002... though I keep it on servers and appliances these days, and mostly use Solus on desktop.
knghtbrd

Post by knghtbrd »

toddlyons wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:10 pm
leon wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:05 pm We should start a Linuxkin guild. I've been on Ubuntu since 2006.
Yes! Happy Debian user since 2002... though I keep it on servers and appliances these days, and mostly use Solus on desktop.
<Overfiend> we're calling 2.2 _POTATO_??
Yes Branden, we did in fact call it potato.

I always come back to Debian sooner or later. It's a no-brainer for a server machine that just needs to sit there and do its job. And it's not really better or worse than anything else if you know what you want on the desktop.

I've sort of been interested in tracking down a list of RPG gaming tools for Linux users. I'd love to track down a keyboard-controlled (and dark mode friendly) tool that let me manage character info. Ideally one that can be customized to have support for different systems' character sheet data. I once saw someone use a program like that on Windows once upon a time, but I've never been able to find it or remember what it was called. I'm starting to think the person who was using it was its author, and he never shared it. I guess I could start banging on something in Python or similar but my todo list is long enough.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Heh the joys of being old, I was using RedHat in 96 I'd been a SCO admin for years before then though
No matter where you go...there you are
knghtbrd

Post by knghtbrd »

Boggo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:03 am SCO
I am truly, deeply sorry for your sacrifice. May it burn in the unquenchable fires of the abyssal plane for a thousand eternities as is the just fate of every patent troll.

(The "normal" people who use OSes out of Redmond and Cupertino are sitting there wondering what the hell we're on about, you realize…)
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

knghtbrd wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:15 am
Boggo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:03 am SCO
I am truly, deeply sorry for your sacrifice. May it burn in the unquenchable fires of the abyssal plane for a thousand eternities as is the just fate of every patent troll.

(The "normal" people who use OSes out of Redmond and Cupertino are sitting there wondering what the hell we're on about, you realize…)
this was well before then, it's when they were the Unix you could actually get without bankrupting the company
No matter where you go...there you are
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome to all the new folks!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

I wouldn't mind joining that. To be frank, though, there isn't much software I'll use that's non-free, so be forewarned of that. :P
SCARY WIZARD

Hello, there.

Post by SCARY WIZARD »

Hello, there, everyone. I've been a fan of the Basic Fantasy RPG books for years and have been in two play-by-post games. When my current Game Master for the current game I'm in sent us to go look for supplements, I remembered I have a forum account, and here I am! Even remembered to join the Facebook group. Looking forward to doing what I can for this community.
There be pheasants and penguins and booberry trees between the greenest of skies and the whitest of seas
Wertle-wertle-wertle-woo, wertle-woooo...