Looking for Players for a PBP

Everhome is a world full of adventure and glory. Only the brave dare to seek it. Are you among them?

Moderator: Sir Daggerford

Sir Daggerford

Looking for Players for a PBP

Post by Sir Daggerford »

I'm getting ready to run a play-by-post t here on the site, so I thought I'd start looking for some interested players. There are four spots available at this point. I can set up a waiting list too if need be. Here are the details for the campaign.

Setting and Style:
The setting will be a standard fantasy world, with all the basic elements. Nothing particularly unusual. At this point I'm deciding between The Western Lands and a generic homebrew world I've used in my games before. As far as the style of play goes though, for now, it'll probably stay within the standard stuff. Some role play and story gaming, some exploration of various areas, and some combat. There won't be any one specific theme for the campaign (it's not going to be a political thriller or a straight up dungeon delve). I'll try not to railroad the characters along (though it may happen occasionally for the sake of the game).

Mechanics and Games Rules:
We'll only be using the core rules for this game, at least at this point. I may add in a couple of the supplements later on. I like to keep things simple though.
As far as dice rolls go, we'll be using a basic trust system. As long as you don't constantly get great rolls (say, 20s 50% of the time), we'll keep using that. If the characters have "miraculously amazing" rolls all the time, then we may have to try something different. But I think the people on here are better than that.

Posting Details:
I would like for everyone participating in the game to be able to post at least once every other day. If you can post more frequently than that, even better. I understand that not everyone can do that though.

Post here if you're interested. Thanks for your time.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
arcbolt21

Re: Looking for Players for a PBP

Post by arcbolt21 »

It has been a very long while since I've been able to game properly so I'm down. With the upcoming schedule changes at my work I should be able to post readily enough.

I'm most interested in possible playing an Elf Magic-User/Fighter, but we'll have to see how the dice roll, right?
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

I should be able to keep that schedule and would be happy to play any character that you like to help round out the party.

Dirk
Phelan
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

kg8jk wrote:I should be able to keep that schedule and would be happy to play any character that you like to help round out the party.

Dirk
That's great!
arcbolt21 wrote:It has been a very long while since I've been able to game properly so I'm down. With the upcoming schedule changes at my work I should be able to post readily enough.

I'm most interested in possible playing an Elf Magic-User/Fighter, but we'll have to see how the dice roll, right?
Sounds good. As far the class you play when it comes time for character generation, if you have a specific class you'd like to play, I'm alright with you arranging your rolls to correspond to the appropriate class you wish to play. Basically, you don't have to roll your stats in order.

arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Sir Daggerford wrote:Basically, you don't have to roll your stats in order.
Well then, that should work out nicely then!
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

I have never done a Pbp, but would be willing to give it a go. I check the forums daily, so the post rate would not be a problem. I prefer human or dwarf fighters, but could play whatever is needed. How much character background will you require?
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

I think it is time for me to stop lurking on these forums and join a PBP game.
Haven't played in quite a while but feeling the urge again lately.
No time for a FTF game sadly, but visiting the forums and posting once a day works for me.

Any special rules for character creation?
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Hexamer47 wrote:I have never done a Pbp, but would be willing to give it a go. I check the forums daily, so the post rate would not be a problem. I prefer human or dwarf fighters, but could play whatever is needed. How much character background will you require?
Not too much background.. You don't need to write a whole short story on your character, but a short paragraph or so would be nice. Of course, you can always write more if you want.
Rhialto wrote:I think it is time for me to stop lurking on these forums and join a PBP game.
Haven't played in quite a while but feeling the urge again lately.
No time for a FTF game sadly, but visiting the forums and posting once a day works for me.

Any special rules for character creation?
Not particularly. We're just using core rules at this point, and a basic trust system for rolls. You can arrange your ability score rolls into the scores of your taste (you don't have to use them in the order you rolled).

Alright. Well, I think we have a group here. Nice. I'll get with Solo about setting up a subforum.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Welcome to your new forum!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Thanks Solo!

Alright everyone. I'm gonna lock this thread up for now, and start an Out of Character chat thread for our game, as well as a couple other threads.