Adventure & supplement templates

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Adventure & supplement templates

Post by chiisu81 »

Probably SoutaneBF.
Related: the current Adventure template, and what I did for DC1 and KH1, the headers were changed to AdventureBF (I don't think I remembered to change the footer font). Should those have stayed SoutaneBlack? :?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm changing header/footer font to Adventure BF Bold. I've been looking at a lot of different modules lately and I'm finding I prefer it; Soutane-style fonts in the header and footer just don't look right to me with Adventure BF running text.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Whew :) Yes AdventureBF bold 10-pt is what I set in the template, along with DC1 and KH1.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

New adventure template uploaded, solely to match header & footer. DC1 and KH1 will need to be fixed.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm presently working on both DC1 and KH1. DC1's page styles don't have correct margins anyway.

Page styles should be inner/outer, not right/left, and should have 1 inch inner and 0.75 inch outer, top, and bottom. With the standard 0.2 inch column separator, this gives us the usual 3.28" column width.
UptonGames

Post by UptonGames »

Having used the Mysterious Island template to transcribe a home-made dungeon, I have the following comments:
- The text type and size is screwed up if you copy-and-paste text from elsewhere. You have to type it in manually;
- If you copy-and-paste text into the outlined boxes, the box disappears;
- If you start a new paragraph when you are typing in the outlined boxes, the paragraph starts below the box, not in it. (To remedy this, I had to backspace to the end of the first paragraph and press return while ahead of the last character. Then the box would extend.)
I presume the standard template has the same problems. I shall test it out.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I know its kind of a PITA but I've been using LaTex to create mysteries for Monster of the Week and I love the results.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

personally I'd rather slam my face in a door than go back to using LaTex.
No matter where you go...there you are
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Boggo wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:42 pm personally I'd rather slam my face in a door than go back to using LaTex.
It's not that bad, especially if you use the online tools like Overleaf.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

UptonGames wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:33 pm Having used the Mysterious Island template to transcribe a home-made dungeon, I have the following comments:
- The text type and size is screwed up if you copy-and-paste text from elsewhere. You have to type it in manually;
- If you copy-and-paste text into the outlined boxes, the box disappears;
In both cases, it's because the document you are copying from already has styles set up. To remedy this, do Paste Special, Unformatted Text.
UptonGames wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:33 pm - If you start a new paragraph when you are typing in the outlined boxes, the paragraph starts below the box, not in it. (To remedy this, I had to backspace to the end of the first paragraph and press return while ahead of the last character. Then the box would extend.)
I presume the standard template has the same problems. I shall test it out.
This is intentional. Most of the time I don't have two paragraphs of boxed text; when I do, I type one extra character at the end of the first paragraph, arrow left once, and press ENTER. Type Delete once and move on.

X<arrow-left><ENTER><Delete>

This works because:

* Pressing ENTER at the end of a paragraph creates a new paragraph with the style specified as the Next Style for the style of the original paragraph. BoxedText paragraphs have Text Body as the "Next Style" so the next paragraph isn't another BoxedText.

* But, pressing ENTER to split a paragraph makes the new paragraph the same style as the old one.

It's a tradeoff; it cuts the typing for the more usual case while increasing the typing very slightly for the less usual case (four keystrokes more for the less usual case vs. no extra keystrokes or mouse actions for the usual case). In your own adventures, you can change the Next Style to suit your needs... it only takes a few moments.