BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by Solomoriah »

Excellent work guys!

When we start doing adventures, we'll need a list identifying old and new names and flagging the ones that get different stats. Once I get a draft of the Core Rules up and we make sure we like all the names, we can put that together.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:56 pm Excellent work guys!

When we start doing adventures, we'll need a list identifying old and new names and flagging the ones that get different stats. Once I get a draft of the Core Rules up and we make sure we like all the names, we can put that together.
from the experience here, Spells, Monsters and Magic Items are the three most likely things to flag in an adventure so a 3e 4e diff list of those is probably all we will need to power through adventures in general
No matter where you go...there you are
SoupBeans

Post by SoupBeans »

Just a few random questions for fun because I love the Morgansfort setting.

What do you think the daily wage of a common unskilled laborer is in the Morgansfort setting? Generally I assume that 1 day of work will pay for 1 night at the local inn + 1 meal. The inn at the fort charges 1gp for a room and or 1sp per night for a cot. So, would it be safe to assume that a common worker would earn 2-3 sp per day for a full day's work?

Should I call this the "Morgansfort setting" or would "The Western Lands Campaign" be more accurate?

What do the residents (the higher ups) of Morgansfort think of magic users? Are they ok with them or more superstitious/scared of them?
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

SoupBeans wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:36 am Just a few random questions for fun because I love the Morgansfort setting.

What do you think the daily wage of a common unskilled laborer is in the Morgansfort setting? Generally I assume that 1 day of work will pay for 1 night at the local inn + 1 meal. The inn at the fort charges 1gp for a room and or 1sp per night for a cot. So, would it be safe to assume that a common worker would earn 2-3 sp per day for a full day's work?

Should I call this the "Morgansfort setting" or would "The Western Lands Campaign" be more accurate?

What do the residents (the higher ups) of Morgansfort think of magic users? Are they ok with them or more superstitious/scared of them?
Well the official BFRPG wage for an unskilled Hireling is 1sp per day, don't forget an unskilled labourer is not going to be able to afford going to the tavern very often, and certainly not be able to stay in the inn!

I believe Solo's campaign is called Glain (theres a house rules document for it in the Showcase I think.

I never got the impression Magic-Users are that rare or misunderstood, probably treated like any adventurer, disreputable, unpredictable and slightly more dangerous than you'd like :D
No matter where you go...there you are
SoupBeans

Post by SoupBeans »

Nice! Ty!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Glain is my world; the Western Lands are different.

"The Morgansfort setting" is accurate too, as a way to say not just the Western Lands but that specific area.
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

[Sorry for a bit of nitpicking]

There's one thing I can't understand when reading BF1: where is the former Empire? To the east or to the west?

BF1 takes place in colonies of the former Empire, so apparently we're using the names given by the former Empire. So, this leads us to think that:

* Western Lands — apparently they are to the west of the former Empire,
* Eastern Ocean — apparently it is to the east of the former Empire.

However, the Eastern Ocean separates the Empire and the Western Lands, so this makes no sense: Eastern Ocean and Western Lands should be in the same direction if we're looking from the former Empire's capital.

So, one of the names was not given by the former Empire. Which one?

* If the former Empire is to the west, then the name Western Lands comes from someone living to the East (Ravenstone?)
* If the former Empire is to the east, then the name Eastern Ocean comes from someone living in the West (elves?)

Which one is canon?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Eastern Ocean is probably not the proper name. Over the years, the "ocean to the east" became the "eastern ocean."

Suggestions for a new name are welcome. This is the time to fix it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Production team members: BF1 Morgansfort R33 is in the Projects folder. If there is a proofer available, feel free to take a look. The body font is different, but I've put preliminary font files in Projects as well.
miqued

Post by miqued »

Hamish posed a question in his recreation of BF1 for Foundry VTT, and it's one I remember having when I ran it for my table. I'll quote it here:
Hamish The PolarBear wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 am ... where is the entrance / starting point [to the Olde Island Fortress]? The West entrance (presumably the original entrance when the fortress was in use) is covered up and, from reading the notes, appears to be expected to be discovered from the inside via the large secret passages. The SW area seems to be just an internal stairwell down to the lower level, is there meant to be a door to the outside there too? The most likely starting point going by the room numbering and the notes is the stairwell to the North of Room 1 but there is no way to reach that from the outside so I am confused... The image below is the WIP of my map interpretation with the areas marked on for illustration.

I figured his #3 was the entrance, being right there with Room 1. In my game, the entrance was a stone brick 5x5 or so square "room" on the surface, with steps immediately inside the reinforced wooden door which led into the sunken fortress below ground level. I would do it differently if I did it again, and I'd have the ground floor of the fort be mostly ruined with the stairway down being exposed.
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D