Tranquility Base

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Tranquility Base

Post by Solomoriah »

One of the things I still need is a map of Tranquility Base. It's two domes and a control tower, with the domes being connected by half-cylinders (like Quonset huts). One dome is adjacent to the landing field, and is where people enter and exit normally; a branch off of that is VOQ (Visiting Officer's Quarters) which is where crew are housed between missions.

Another wider branch leads to the second dome, which is where the cafeteria is located. The connecting area between these two domes contains base administration offices and conference rooms, with a corridor at the outside on each side; large windows grace this area, giving excellent views of the Sea of Tranquility.

There are two other branches off of the second dome, one which houses enlisted troops and also contains the Quartermaster's office, and another narrow tunnel with three drydock "pens" hanging off of one side.

The drydock areas is where starships are built or refitted. Each "pen" consists of half-cylinder tunnels on three sides and a roll-up tent made of antiradiation fabric, which will hold air when deployed so that men can work in shirtsleeves (though spacesuits are never far away). When a ship is nearing completion the tent will be rolled up, allowing the ship to leave through the open side of the pen.

There is an underground level underneath most of the base; only the first dome (the Terminal Dome) and VOQ do not have underground areas. Life support equipment and general storage is in this area.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org