AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm up to Green Skull at this point. The flow should be close to final form when I get through this.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:39 pm I noticed in Fire Mountain that the monster stats aren't collected at the ends of the rooms. Also, equipment, spells, etc. for monsters that have them should be in MonsterBlock format between the statline and the hit points; the equipment seems to be in Text Body after the hit points. I've fixed Fire Mountain and will do the same for later adventures as I go along... just a thing I noticed.
I'll try to remember this as I review the entries going into AA4. I definitely want to give those more time to review before assembling the initial release.
Solomoriah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:43 pm I'm up to Green Skull at this point. The flow should be close to final form when I get through this.
Thanks 8-) I did note some large spaces at the end of a few adventures, curious to see what space we end up with and what artwork we'd want where.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not happy with the flow of Crypt of the Forgotten Lord. I really need a piece of artwork that would fit in before room 10, to push everything down. If any artists are reading this, take a look at the R10 PDF and see if anything in that adventure sparks your interest. Thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

A couple of pictures for Ruined Sawmill would be helpful, or one page-wide image around 1/3 to 1/2 of the page height (so 3" or 4" high vs. 7" wide, or 900 to 1200 pixels high by 2100 pixels wide).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Unbaronable Circumstances was oddly arranged, with the wandering monsters tables broken up strangely. I've rearranged it somewhat, but I do still have some questions. I feel like the hobgoblin patrols would work better as a single block of monster stats with a random determination as to number appearing, rather than a bunch of differently-sized patrols. Also, are the monsters that roam their lair pets, or merely tolerated, or are the hobgoblins actively trying to exterminate them?

The original version isn't entirely clear about how it's supposed to be run; I guess that's my issue. But we can work that out.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:32 am I feel like the hobgoblin patrols would work better as a single block of monster stats with a random determination as to number appearing, rather than a bunch of differently-sized patrols.
I GM'd this module a couple of months ago and had that same feeling. It was very difficult to manage that number as separate groups.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

AA3 Adventure Anthology Three, Release 11 -- December 02, 2022
James Lemon and Chris Gonnerman have done extensive edits to this one, and it's beginning to look pretty good. More art and some more edits are still needed though. Go download a copy and let us know what you think!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa3
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

We'll need to bump up the copyright date on the cover at some point (maybe might as well set to 2023?)
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Release 11 notes:

It still needs a sturdy search and replace for all weapon types and phrases like "Potion of" and "Scroll of" etc. Because the NPC Generator capitalizes all spells and equipment, I went through the same thing with the otherwise-awesome things it spit out for my book. Many rounds of phrase searches got most of them, but there are still a couple I missed. Fortunately, the more you get, the more the missed ones stick out.

Just a few I found in AA3 r11 with a quick search:

p. 8 - Snake Man Priest, Equipment: fix Plate Armor +1 and Daggers +1
p. 9 - Treasure list: fix Broad Sword +1 and remaining 8 items ending with Girdle of Giant Strength
p 25 - Treasure: fix Chainmail +1, Potion of Heroism, Scroll of Protection from Magic, and 1 Short Bow Arrow +5
p 19, 47, 48, 60, 63, 70, 74, 75, 91, 92, 96, 138, 140, 141, 149, 150: Potion of...
p 63, 110, 118, 119, 137: Scroll of...
p 70 - Branislav Finley (Vampire): Chain Mail +2, Map to Type E treasure, Potion of Clairvoyance, Potion of Delusion (Speed), Potion of Speed
p 74 - SECRET TREASURY: Chainmail +1
p 118-119 - (NPCs) over half the magic items are capitalized

Happy to have a pass at it if it helps. I am very warmed up from the week that was.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Took a quick look for this and it is still not fixed Page 15 and Page 16 Maps are not numbered correctly has repeat room numbers. Maps will probably need to be redone. I'll take a better look at it after Todd has done his pass on it.