AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, per our conversation the other day, I'm now working on a replacement R12 that will retain the OGL. When I get it done, I will of course share it for review. What I'm doing is a kind of brutal "final layout pass" to create a print release candidate; I don't think we can afford to dilly-dally over the OGLast releases, so I want to try to make every release a PRC.

I'm not sure what you might have changed between the R11 and your proposed CC R12, so you'll need to check that out when I get it ready.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks 8-) yeah I'll give it a review, trying to keep in mind only things we do for OGL vs. newer/CC releases.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

OGLast releases will use the new fonts only, but will have the old layout otherwise. I've removed all the old fonts from my working machines so it would be awkward to put them back.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

BTW it's taking longer than I expected. All the maps are needing revised for print production, mostly to get the DPI corrected and properly cover the page. The margins are weird too, which I'm fixing.

Generally, for print production I'm moving to mirrored margins 1 inch inside, 0.75 outside, top, and bottom. There have been variations over the years and I'm trying to catch and fix them as I can. I'm just posting this as a note, not specifically as "instructions" as I know the existing documents are all over the place.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

The latest adventure template (and likely past versions up to a point) has those margins set.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Now that we've decided to release the original AA3, I've gone through Workshop and labelled all the current/correct adventures with "[AA3]" in the thread titles. As standard, those adventures/threads are locked, with all feedback/comments now going into this thread.

Any adventures that had "[AA3]" for the revised/interim AA3 release have been removed, along with any marked for AA4. Will there be an AA4 eventually? Yes. Any time soon? No. Don't worry, those adventures, if their authors have given their re-license consent to Solo, will still be included when AA4 is one day put together. Ok, back to AA3. 8-)
teaman

Post by teaman »

This is for page 70 (working on the hall for the first page, hope to have it done tomorrow or Saturday):
vampire.png
vampire.png (474.91 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The maps for Unbaronable Circumstances don't include 15a or 15b, but the map area labeled 6a and 6b appears to be those rooms. Do I have that right? I can fix it, if that's the case.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Never mind. I've fixed this before, and forgotten. Gah.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... but I have a problem, John... R12 has a different flow from R11, and the blank space on 70 you're filling doesn't exist anymore.

I can put the vampire in the intro instead of the building picture I asked for; no reason it won't be fine there. Or we can stuff in more art to fix the flow... we'd need two or three more pieces this size, I think. But that might be overkill for this relatively short adventure.