KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Post by toddlyons »

WD80 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:44 am Parchment style and a more printer friendly version.
For the book's interior, the black and white version looks stellar. Great job!
WD80

Post by WD80 »

For the record I don't know how that works, copyright-wise. I could use it for commercial purposes, but I've purchased a license to the software.
It's possible a credit would be all that's required, but I have not looked into it. At any rate, I figured someone might find it useful for running the module, and that definitely isn't an issue with copyright.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Generally speaking, the tools you use to create artwork don't limit what you do with it, as long as you personally create the art. If the tool does the majority of the work though you'd need to review their license; for example, if they use brushes or fills that might qualify as their art.

Probably need to read the license to know for sure.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

WD80 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:15 am I could use it for commercial purposes, but I've purchased a license to the software.
My guess is that it's not necessary to credit software you've licensed, or we'd be seeing credits for Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop all over the Internet.
WD80

Post by WD80 »

True, but these RPG cartography programs come with assets. I didn't draw the trees, buildings, etc.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

WD80 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:15 am I didn't draw the trees, buildings, etc.
Oh! Then I guess you do have to read through the terms and conditions... or at least search for relevant keywords to narrow it down to a section.

Is there an FAQ on the company's website about "commercial" use? We're open source and aspire to sell at cost, but between 10-50 cents is made per book sold through Amazon.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't want to set a precedent of paying for assets to any company, considering that artists go unpaid here.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
WD80

Post by WD80 »

Guys, I posted this for GMs to use at their table. Did I choose the wrong thread?
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

WD80 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:56 am Guys, I posted this for GMs to use at their table. Did I choose the wrong thread?
Sorry. I assumed you were submitting this to be included in the book in a future release.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

From the Wonderdraft website:
3. I want to publish or sell my maps. Can I?
Yes, as long as the maps are your original creation. There are no additional fees or royalties.