KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
zzjoshzz

Dungeon Maps with Notes

Post by zzjoshzz »

Was recommended to post this in the forums by someone on the BFRPG Facebook page.

I am a visual person. As a DM, I would like the maps in adventures to have a lot of details. Treasure, Monster stats, trap notes, etc. I want the map to show or tell me what is in each room, or what is important about each room. I think it helps with learning an adventure and running a game.

I made an example using maps of The Brugh from the latest KH adventure, The Blackapple Brugh (see attached pdf, 5/5 adventure). It took an hour and a half and I could add more details. Is this something other DMs do or would like in a published BFRPG adventure?
Attachments
KH Blackapple Brugh.pdf
(66.74 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
FakeHealer

Re: Dungeon Maps with Notes

Post by FakeHealer »

Speaking for myself, I love that idea. I think this would be an interesting way to make BFRPG products have a Shtick or something that makes them slightly different from the masses of D&D games and RetroClones.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As of right now I have no plans to change how we present our modules; that doesn't mean I won't reconsider, only that I'm presently happy with the way things are.

BUT. Submit annotated maps in the Workshop threads for the adventures, and I'll get them on the Downloads page. Always happy to have supplemental materials.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
zzjoshzz

Post by zzjoshzz »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:31 am As of right now I have no plans to change how we present our modules; that doesn't mean I won't reconsider, only that I'm presently happy with the way things are.

BUT. Submit annotated maps in the Workshop threads for the adventures, and I'll get them on the Downloads page. Always happy to have supplemental materials.
Thank you very much for the show of confidence. I appreciate it and the word annotated!
chiisu81

Re: KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Post by chiisu81 »

Since this is for Blackapple Brugh, I went ahead and merged your thread into its Workshop thread.
zzjoshzz

Post by zzjoshzz »

chiisu81 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:42 pm Since this is for Blackapple Brugh, I went ahead and merged your thread into its Workshop thread.
The intent of my post is annotated maps for general discussion, I just happen to feature an example for a particular adventure. I would like it returned to the general discussion please.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

See Solo's post above; submitted materials go into Workshop.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, Chi has it correct (as always). Game materials do not belong in general discussion.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
zzjoshzz

Post by zzjoshzz »

Understood. Thank you.
WD80

Post by WD80 »

Don't know if this interests anyone, but I made a version of the Blackapple region map in Wonderdraft and though I might as well share it with y'all.

Parchment style and a more printer friendly version.