Dragonclaw Gazetteer

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
dymondy2k

Re: Dragonclaw Gazetteer

Post by dymondy2k »

Well if it's on the map then Red Meadows it is!! I'm guessing I still need to flesh out the Dreadwood and I just used the copy of the Barrow Wood as a placeholder. Not that it matters in your version but the characters did come across a green dragon in the Norwood in my campaign. Lucky for them it didn't see them!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I'm putting my dragon in the Dreadwood because the characters are down that way, and I want the dragon to be influencing things in Heatherleigh, creating a few urban intrigue plot hooks.
I'm also on RPGG
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

JugglinDan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:38 pm I'm putting my dragon in the Dreadwood because the characters are down that way, and I want the dragon to be influencing things in Heatherleigh, creating a few urban intrigue plot hooks.
Dreadwood would be good for that.. its got a very Mirkwood vibe.. Dark.. thick.. spooky
The Dragonclaw Barony
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

dymondy2k wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:27 am
JugglinDan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:38 pm I'm putting my dragon in the Dreadwood because the characters are down that way, and I want the dragon to be influencing things in Heatherleigh, creating a few urban intrigue plot hooks.
Dreadwood would be good for that.. its got a very Mirkwood vibe.. Dark.. thick.. spooky
Perfect! I've been wanting to run a giant spider encounter. I can riff off the scene in The Hobbit for the setup.
I'm also on RPGG
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

JugglinDan wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:56 am So, of course I've prepared a 6-mile hex version of this map since my current campaign is set here.
I personally prefer text that goes over grid, and not below it, so I've made one more version :)
Attachments
Dragonclaw-6-mile-hex--text-over-grid--small-fix.png
Dragonclaw-6-mile-hex--text-over-grid--small-fix.png (4.68 MiB) Viewed 698 times
Last edited by Demetrius on Sun May 21, 2023 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Demetrius wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:27 am
JugglinDan wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:56 am So, of course I've prepared a 6-mile hex version of this map since my current campaign is set here.
I personally prefer text that goes over grid, and not below it, so I've made one more version :)
Awesome!
I prefer that too, but I didn't have a file of the map with layers, so I couldn't work out how to get the text over the grid. Did you get the original file? Or do some masking trickery to split the text into a layer?
I'm also on RPGG
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

Thanks!
JugglinDan wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 am Did you get the original file? Or do some masking trickery to split the text into a layer?
The latter. I just pasted the version with bigger hexes as a top layer in Gimp, added a fully-black layer mask and then drew on mask over the lines where they went above the text. :D
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Demetrius wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:27 am
Thanx for creating this! I actually needed a hex'ed map and this is perfect! Would it be OK for me to add this to the Gazetteer with the original map?
The Dragonclaw Barony
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

dymondy2k wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:41 pm
Demetrius wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:27 am I personally prefer text that goes over grid, and not below it, so I've made one more version :)
Thanx for creating this! I actually needed a hex'ed map and this is perfect! Would it be OK for me to add this to the Gazetteer with the original map?
Please ask @gabeprime and @JugglinDan, they've done most of the work (especially @gabeprime)

My change is minimal (I've just removed the lines overlapping the text), so I believe it's not copyrightable because it requires zero creativity (but if it happens to be copyrightable, I'm totally OK with my change being used by anyone for any purpose, without any conditions, just ask the original authors please)