Terror in Tosasth

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Terror in Tosasth

Post by Solomoriah »

It's all yours, sir!

Announcing!

LA1 Terror in Tosasth, Release 22 -- March 24, 2023
In this new release, most of the images have been edited to get them into print compliance; very little text editing has happened since the previous release.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#la1
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:44 pm It's all yours, sir!

Announcing!

LA1 Terror in Tosasth, Release 22 -- March 24, 2023
In this new release, most of the images have been edited to get them into print compliance; very little text editing has happened since the previous release.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#la1
With this version it looks like all my edits were reversed. I'm going to go to my corner and cry for a while. You can have my proofreader card, too.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

AlMan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:40 pm With this version it looks like all my edits were reversed. I'm going to go to my corner and cry for a while. You can have my proofreader card, too.
Ack. No way, Al. It's my fault, in that I never got your recommendations looked at. Leon indicated that if I returned edit control to him, he'd go through your edits. Fear not, your work will not go unused or unrecognized.

Honestly, looking at your feedback I'd want him to do some of them anyway; probably best if he reviews and applies them all, so he can retain creative control.
leon

Post by leon »

Al provided three sets of edits: one for me to review, one only about "feet" and one that he actually applied to the 21.2 version. I meant that I'd work on the first list, figuring the "feet" changes could wait and the others were done. But, it's true, the edits aren't lost, since they are documented in a comment. I can redo those. I don't think there's much of an alternative.

Sounds like a PITA either way, but I already have to deal with map renumbering. Release 23 is on me. I'll work through all open issues. It's going to take a week or two. Thanks!

With 3+ people working on this, what we need is a project manager... and naturally that probably falls to me. I'll think about how we can be better about communicating project status so we avoid this kind of situation.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I never saw a 21.2. Sorry guys.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I've put 21.3 in the Projects folder. I was able to get to Room 15 of The Morwenys Estate about page 123.

I'll post my suggestions for the next section and then the corrections I was making from then on. I think this version still has the edits that I made. I've basically updated my version 21.2 with the next set of edits I did. I'll hold off on finishing the rest until April when Leon gets done with the next version.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here are the second set of suggestions that Leon will need to look at:

Suggestions II
Page 89 (85) – Random Encounters – 2 Falling rocks!
Suggest including DEX bonus to the save roll.

Page 89 (85) – Random Encounters – 3 Floor collapses!
Suggest using the same wording as the ‘Falling Rocks!’ entry.

Page 89 (85) – Random Encounters – 4 Bugbear Squad!
The opening paragraph doesn’t mention any bugbears. Showing a hobgoblin leader and warriors and goblins.

Page 89 (85) – Random Encounters – 4 Bugbear Squad! Monster stat blocks.
All mention a weapon, suggest naming an actual weapon. Longswords, scimitars, battle axes, and maces all have 1d8 damage. For the witch suggest using daggers and no armor, since this creature is similar to a magic user. For the goblins shortswords, hand axes, and warhammers all have 1d6 damage.

Page 94 (90) – Moving Around Tosasth – Paragraph 2
Mentions using a 1d6 to determine direction, may want to change to 1d8 to better indicate the direction.

Page 95 (91) – Wandering Monsters Table
Suggest widening the first column to allow the numbers to be on one line (can be done with just 1/10th of an inch. Would make the rows with just one line back down to one line.

Page 96 (92) – Ghost – monster stat block.
No gaze attack mentioned in 3rd or 4th Editions of the Core Rules.
I’ve posted this in the Core Rules thread to ask for a ruling.
On 3/24/2023 Core Rules v118 was released with updated Ghost description. Updating Ghost information.

Page 96 (92) – Ghost Shroom – monster stat block.
Doesn’t mention what the attack form is. Asked for clarification in the Field Guide Volume 2 Thread.

Page 96 (92) – Ghouls – monster special attack paragraph.
Has 10% per bite of contracting ghoul fever. Core Rules has this as 5% per bite. Basic Fantasy Core Rules page 96 – 97, “Each time a humanoid is bitten, there is a 5% chance of the infection being passed.” A ghast bite is listed as having a 10% per bite chance of contracting Ghast Fever.

Page 97 (93) – Skeletons – monster stat block
Attack needs to mention the type of weapon being used.

Page 98 (94) – Zombies – monster stat block.

Page 98 (94) – Ghouls – monster special attack paragraph.
Has 10% per bite of contracting ghoul fever. Core Rules has this as 5% per bite. Basic Fantasy Core Rules page 96 – 97, “Each time a humanoid is bitten, there is a 5% chance of the infection being passed.” A ghast bite is listed as having a 10% per bite chance of contracting Ghast Fever.

Page 98 (94) – Zombies – monster stat block. (second column)

Page 100 (96) – Exploring the Sewers – Paragraph 5
What about east and west? Or are you using the hex sides? Might want to explain your idea.

Page 102 (98) – Ghost – monster stat block.
No gaze attack mentioned in 3rd or 4th Editions of the Core Rules.
I’ve posted this in the Core Rules thread to ask for a ruling.
On 3/24/2023 Core Rules v118 was released with updated Ghost description. Updating Ghost information.

Page102 (98) – Ghost Shroom – monster stat block.
Doesn’t mention what the attack form is. Asked for clarification in the Field Guide Volume 2 Thread.

Page102 (98) – Ghouls – monster special attack paragraph.

Page103 (99) – Skeletons – monster stat block

Page 104 (100) – Zombies – monster stat block.

Page 104 (100) – 1. Ethohin Manor – Paragraph 1
Book name ‘Ethohin Manor: An Accounting Prior to Sealing’ is not mentioned on page 64, just ‘ book describing the Ethohin Manor in Tosasth and how the house was sealed on Ethohin’s death with all contents carefully itemized,’. May want to put the name of the book on page 64.

Page 107 (103) – Imelel Elven Band – Stat blocks for both Rellora Imelel and er Elves-at-Arms.
At the beginning of this chapter ‘The Streets of Tosasth’ Page 93 (89) it mentions that the PCs should be at Level 7 to have a chance of surviving in the city. Shouldn’t Rellora and her party be of a similar level instead of level 1?

Page 109 (105) – 1. Entry Gate – 2 Ghoul Guards monster special attack paragraph.

Page 110 (106) – 3. Towers – 16 Ghoul Guards monster special attack paragraph.

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – Elmyra Nerijyre (Black Knight) stat block
Need to determine the weapon the black knight uses. Make adjustments to #At and Dam as needed.

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – 2 Ghoul Guards special attack paragraph.

Page 115 (111) – Entrance – Boxed text
The measurement of ‘100 feet square’ would actually be 10 foot by 10 foot. On your map this would be 2 squares by 2 squares. If you are talking about the 20 square by 20 square map on Page 122 (118) then at 5 foot per square it would be 100 feet by 100 feet or 10,000 feet square. The fence around that map would be 90 feet by 90 feet or contain 8,100 feet square.

Page 115 (111) – 2. Western Well – monster stat block
Page 177 (173) – Skeletal Cloud Giant – Monster stats
The Attack Bonus ‘(+10)’ is on the stat block on Page 115 (111), but isn’t in the monster description on page 177 (173). If is an actual attack bonus make sure it is in the monster description.
The Movement field has a turning radius ‘(+10)’ is on the stat block on Page 115 (111), but isn’t in the monster description on page 177 (173). If is an actual turning radius make sure it is in the monster description.

Attack mentions a giant weapon, but doesn’t give the actual weapon type.

Page 117 (113) – 16. Lobby – paragraph 2
Mentions pit trap with 100 foot drop. May want to note the amount of damage this would cause (10d6) for a 100 foot fall.

Page 118 (114) – 20. Ashryn’s Library – Paragraph 2
If the book is the contents of the cabinet, may want to make a sentence mentioning that.

Page 122 (118) – Map of Ground Floor – room numbers
The map has two number ‘2’s and no number ‘7’. May also want to renumber from bottom up since main entrance is on the south side.
Note: Leon already found this and mentioned in the thread 3/24/2023.

Page 125 (121) – 2. Entry Hall – Block text.
Room is described as 30 foot x 30 foot, since the map is set to 5 foot per square a 3 square by 3 square room would be 15 foot x 15 foot.

Page 125 (121) – 3. Grand Hall – Block text.
Room is described as 60 foot x 40 foot, since the map is set to 5 foot per square a 7 square by 5 square room would be 35 foot x 25 foot.

Page 126 (122) – 4. Reverse Gravity Hallway – Block text.
Room is described as 60 foot long, since the map is set to 5 foot per square a 5 square long hallway 25 foot.

Page 126 (122) – 5. Corpse Carpet – Block text.
Room is described as 60 foot long, since the map is set to 5 foot per square a 5 square long hallway 25 foot.

Page 126 (122) – 6. Vugyux – monster stat block
Attack in Field Guide Volume 1 specifically mentions tongue and not the viscera of the monster.

Page 126 (122) – 6. Vugyux – last paragraph
Mentions door to room 26 looking at the map on 132 there is no door or secret door to 26. There is a door to room 11.

Page 126 (122) – 7. Stoned by the Fountain – Paragraph 2
Mentions statue covering a door to the east. The map doesn’t show a door on the east wall of room 7. There is also mention of a door from room 7 into room 8, but it is not on the map.

Page 126 (122) – 8. Empty Kitchen – Paragraph one
Room is described as 30 foot x 30 foot, since the map is set to 5 foot per square a 2 square by 3 square room would be 10 foot x 15 foot with a 5 foot hallway to the east.

Page 126 (122) – 10. Stairs – Paragraph one
The map shows this as one square at the 5 foot scale of the map this would be a 5 foot by 5 foot space with 5 zombies? Plus there is no room for a set of stairs.

Page 126 (122) – 10. Stairs – monster stat block

Page 127 (123) – 13. Hallway – Paragraph one
Listed as an L shaped hallway, room on map is 4 squares x 2 squares with no extensions off the room. If the item on the south wall of the room is a window to room 14 then there is no other door into this room.

Page 127 (123) – 14. Arboretum – boxed text
Pronouns, mentions “Gazing at it for a time, it opens eyes to stare back,”. Is the ‘it’ referring to the Barrel or the Saguaro cacti?

Page 127 (123) – 14. Arboretum – Obscure detail
Mentions a window in the south wall, none is indicated on the map.

May want to review the other rooms in this module.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

These are the corrections I've made in the next section of the book I went through. I've updated the book and put it in the Projects folder. This covers basically pages 64 to 123.

Corrections II

Page 26 (22) – Wraith – monster stat block
HD in Core Rules has double special ability notation.
Was: … HD 4, …
Change to … HD 4**, …

Page 68 (64) – 10. Black Knight – monster stat block
HD in Field Guide Volume 2 has double special ability notation. XP don’t match HD level.
Was: … HD 14, #At 1 two-handed sword, Dam 1d10+6, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 1,480
Change to: HD 14**, #At 1 two-handed sword, Dam 1d10+6, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 2,730

Page 71 (67) – 1. Lord Hilbore – monster stat block
HD in Field Guide Volume 2 has double special ability notation. XP don’t match HD level.
Was: … HD 14, #At 1 shortsword +1 + Energy Drain, Dam 1d6+4 + Energy Drain, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 1,480 …
Change to … HD 14**, #At 1 shortsword +1 + Energy Drain, Dam 1d6+4 + Energy Drain, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 2,730 …

Page 89 (85) – Introduction – Paragraph 2
Using present tense. Allowed vs allows
Was: … Travel along constructed paths and roads allowed full speed movement. …
Change to … Travel along constructed paths and roads allows full speed movement. …

Page 89 (85) – Random Encounters – 4 Bugbear Squad! Paragraph 1
If a number is used as the first word of a sentence the number is written out.
Was: … +1 morale while the leader is present. …
Change to … While the leader is present all others have +1 morale. .…

Page 90 (86) – Random Encounters – 8 Wandering Zombies! Monster special attack paragraph.
Mentions zombies and “half damage from edged weapons” which is a feature of skeletons. Zombies take “half damage from blunt weapons” changing to match Core Rules.
Was: … Half damage from edged weapons. …
Change to: … Half damage from blunt weapons. …

Page 91 (87) – Random Encounters – 10 Deep Ones! Deep One Priest monster stat blocks
HD and XP are not matched. Setting HD to have an asterisk to use the XP given. Damage should also give the weapon name. Movement in parentheses is for turning radius. Movement in Unusual Monsters description is 40’ Swim 30’, changing to match description.
Was: … HD 9, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite or 1d6, Mv Swim 40' (30'), Sv C9, ML 11, XP 1,150 …
Change to … HD 9*, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite, 1d6 spear, Mv 40' Swim 30', Sv C9, ML 11, XP 1,150 …

Page 91 (87) – Random Encounters – 10 Deep Ones! Deep One Warriors monster stat blocks
HD and XP are not matched. Setting HD to have an asterisk to use the XP given. Damage should also give the weapon name. Movement in parentheses is for turning radius. Movement in Unusual Monsters description is 40’ Swim 30’, changing to match description.
Was: … HD 2, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite or 1d6, Mv Swim 40' (30'), Sv F5, ML 7, XP 100 ea. …
Change to … HD 2*, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite, 1d6 spear, Mv 40' Swim 30', Sv F5, ML 7, XP 100 ea. …

Page 91 (87) – Random Encounters – 10 Deep Ones! Deep One Warriors monster special attack paragraph.
The given paragraph is a shortened version of the description. May have been cut too much.
Was: … Unsuccessful attacks save vs. Dragon Breath (+/- DEX) or weapon is stuck. 1+STR on 1d6 to remove. Effective for 3 blows. …
Change to … Unsuccessful attacks may cause weapon to stick in shield goo; save vs. Dragon Breath + DEX to avoid. If stuck, weapon may be freed with 1 + STR on 1d6. Goo effective for 3 hits. …

Page 91 (87) – Random Encounters – 11 Ghouls! Monster stat block.
Damage should also give the weapon name.
Was: … Dam 1d4/1d4/1d4, all plus paralysis, …
Change to … Dam 1d4 claw, 1d4 bite, all plus paralysis, …

Page 91 (87) – Random Encounters – 12 Purple Worms! Monster stat block.
Was: … Dam 2d8/1d8+poison, …
Change to … Dam 2d8 bite, 1d8+poison sting, …

Page 92 (88) – Kegh Buldohr – The Awful Stew Bar.
Other NPCs have their names in Bold when first mentioned. Changing Mother Glorus’ name to bold.
Was: … Mother Glorus, a kindly Dwarf …
Change to … Mother Glorus, a kindly Dwarf …

Page 92 (88) – Kegh Buldohr – Dayve, Fishmonger
Other NPCs have their names in Bold when first mentioned. Changing Raffi and Riffle’s names to bold. Changing last sentence to be more clear.
Was: … his two nephews, Raffi and Riffle. Besides his green eyes, those to meet Dayve might notice his missing two fingers on this left hand, lost to a cave fish. …
Change to … his two nephews, Raffi and Riffle. Besides his green eyes, those who meet Dayve might notice he is missing two fingers on his left hand, lost to a cave fish. …

Page 92 (88) – Kegh Buldohr – Thorg, Carpenter
Misspelling ‘wagon’ should be ‘wagons’. Trying to remove too many instances of word ‘project’ so close together.
Was: … repairing carts and wagon in addition to the occasional project carpentry project for a wealthy homeowner. …
Change to … repairing carts and wagons in addition to the occasional carpentry project for a wealthy homeowner. …

Page 93 (89) – Introduction – Paragraph 4
Misspelling ‘an’ should be ‘and’.
Was: … The most prominent road leads past the tower an onward to a grand cathedral. …
Change to … The most prominent road leads past the tower and onward to a grand cathedral. …

Page 93 (89) – Introduction – Paragraph 6
Misspelling ‘building’ should be ‘buildings’.
Was: … but in any given expanse of a 50 yard radius one finds a handful of building defying the ravages of time. …
Change to … but in any given expanse of a 50 yard radius one finds a handful of buildings defying the ravages of time. …

Page 93 (89) – Introduction – Paragraph 11
Correcting middle two sentences of the paragraph.
Was: … For every week the PCs spent in Tosasth, there’s a 1 in 10 chance that a gnoll scout will report back to leadership, which triggers four squads to move down to the eastern side of Tosasth where they construct the Petfaren Compound. From this fortified location, they send teams in to raid systematically loot buildings. …
Change to … For every week the PCs spend in Tosasth, there’s a 1 in 10 chance that a gnoll scout will report back to its leadership, which triggers four squads to move down to the eastern side of Tosasth where they construct the Petfaren Compound. From this fortified location, they send teams in to raid and systematically loot buildings. …

Page 95 (91) – Wandering Monsters Table – ‘71 – 75’
In Field Guide 2 the creatures name is listed as bloodshroud.
Was: … blood shrouds …
Change to … bloodshrouds …

Page 95 (91) – Bloodshouds – monster stat block.
In Field Guide Volume 2 the creature’s name is listed as bloodshroud. HP is listed as HP 4** changing to match Field Guide Volume 2. Damage should also give the weapon name.
Was: … Blood Shrouds: AC 12, HD 4, #At 1 whip or 1 blood spray, Dam 1d4 or special, …
Change to … Bloodshrouds: AC 12, HD 4**, #At 1 whip or 1 blood spray, Dam 1d4 whip, blinded blood spray, …

Page 95 (91) – Bloodshouds – monster special attack paragraph.

Page 95 (91) – Corpse Abomination – monster stat block.
Missing movement field title.
Was: … Dam 1d8, 10' Jump 60’, Sv F12, …
Change to … Dam 1d8, Mv 10' Jump 60’, Sv F12, …

Page 96 (92) – Gellybones – Special attack paragraph.
In Field Guide Volume 2 has in the gellybones description, “They take only half damage from blunt weapons, and only a single point from arrows, bolts, or sling stones (plus any magical bonus).“

Page 96 (92) – Ghasts – monster stat block.
Was: … Dam 1d4/1d4/1d4 + paralysis + stench, …
Change to … Dam 1d4 claw, 1d4 bite, + paralysis + stench, …

Page 96 (92) – Ghasts – monster special attack paragraph.
Subject – verb match.
Was: … Touches requires a Save vs. Paralysis or paralyzed for 2d8 turns, …
Change to … Touch requires a Save vs. Paralysis or paralyzed for 2d8 turns, …

Page 96 (92) – Ghost – monster stat block.
HD is where special ability bonus is noted, not in AC. XP is not for 10 HD creature with special ability.
Was: … AC 20*, HD 10 (+9), #At 1 touch/1 gaze, Dam 1d6 + special, Mv 30', Sv F10, ML 10, XP 5,500 …
Change to … HD is where special ability bonus is noted, not in AC. XP is not for 10 HD creature with special ability. On 3/24/2023 Ghost entry in Core Rules v118 was released adding #At and Dam from the new Core Rules.
Was: … AC 20*, HD 10 (+9), #At 1 touch/1 gaze, Dam 1d6 + special, Mv 30', Sv F10, ML 10, XP 5,500 …
Change to … AC 20, HD 10* (+9), #At 1 touch or possession + fear, Dam 1d8 touch, possesion see below, fear see below, Mv 30', Sv F10, ML 10, XP 1,390 …

Page 96 (92) – Ghost – monster special attack paragraph.
Rewriting to include updated Core Rules v 118 description of Ghost.
Was: … Save vs. Spells or flee for 2d6 rounds. On touch, regenerate HP and reduce CON of target. Elves and Dwarves save vs. Death Ray to resist touch attack. Use telekinesis as 10th level Magic-User once per turn. Possess attack allows save vs. Spells to resist. …
Changed to: … On touch, regenerate HP and reduce CON of target. Elves and Dwarves save vs. Death Ray to resist touch attack. Possession is similar to magic jar spell as if cast by 10th level Magic-User doesn’t require recepticle. Possess attack allows save vs. Spells to resist. Needs remove curse or dispel evil to remove possession. When a ghost is seen fear causes save vs. Spells or flee for 2d6 rounds. Use telekinesis as 10th level Magic-User once per turn. …

Page 96 (92) – Ghouls – monster stat block
Damage is listed with one entry per attack form. Add ‘ea.’ at the end of XP.
Was: … Dam 1d4/1d4/1d4, all plus paralysis, Mv 30', Sv F2, ML 9, XP 100 …
Change to: … Dam 1d4 claw, 1d4 bite, all plus paralysis, Mv 30', Sv F2, ML 9, XP 100 ea. …

Page 96 (92) – Mummies – monster stat block.
Was: … HD 5, …
Change to … HD 5**, …

Page 97 (93) – Skeletal Flayers – monster stat block.
HD in Field Guide Volume 2 has single special ability notation. Damage is listed with one entry per attack form.
Was: … HD 1, #At 1 whip/1 claw, Dam 1d6 + 1d6, …
Change to … HD 1*, #At 1 whip/1 claw, Dam 1d6 whip, 1d6 claw, …

Page 97 (93) – Skeletons – monster stat block
Add ‘ea.’ at the end of XP.
Was: … XP 25 …
Change to … XP 25 ea. …

Page 97 (93) – Vampire – monster special attack paragraph
If a number is used as the first word of a sentence the number is written out. Rearrange sentence so number isn’t first.
Was: Bite does 1d3 points of damage the first round followed by energy drain every round thereafter. -5 AC while biting. +3 points of damage with melee weapons.
Change to: Bite does 1d3 points of damage the first round followed by energy drain every round thereafter, during bite -5 AC. Due to STR, +3 points of damage with melee weapons.

Page 97 (93) – Wraiths – monster stat block
Change to … HD 4**, …

Page 98 (94) – Zombies – monster special attack paragraph
Mentions zombies and “half damage from edged weapons” which is a feature of skeletons. Zombies take “half damage from blunt weapons” changing to match Core Rules.

Page 98 (94) – Exploring Intact Structures – Paragraph 1
If a number is used as the first word of a sentence the number is written out. Rearrange sentence so number isn’t first.
Was: … 1d6 structures remain standing and generally have working doors that may be locked. …
Change to … There are 1d6 structures still standing and generally have working doors that may be locked. …

Page 98 (94) – Exploring Intact Structures – Paragraph 2
Was: … 1 in 6 buildings are locked. …
Change to … Of the intact buildings 1 in 6 are locked. …

Page 98 (94) – Ghouls – monster stat block
Damage is listed with one entry per attack form.
Change to: … Dam 1d4 claw, 1d4 bite, all plus paralysis, …

Page 98 (94) – Zombies – monster special attack paragraph (second column)

Page 100 (96) – Exploring the Sewers – Paragraph 7
Was: … 1 in 6 chambers host a monster, …
Change to … Monsters can be found in 1 in 6 chambers, …

Page 101 (97) – Sewer Monster Table – 71-75

Page 101 (97) – Sewer Monster Table – 86-90
Other entries in the book use giant insects instead of giant bug. Changing to match rest of book.
Was: … 2d6 giant bugs …
Change to … 2d6 giant insects …

Page 101 (97) – Bloodshouds – monster stat block.
In Field Guide Volume 2 the creature’s name is listed as bloodshroud. HP is listed as HP 4** changing to match Field Guide Volume 2. Damage should also give the weapon name.
Was: … Blood Shrouds: AC 12, HD 4, #At 1 whip or 1 blood spray, Dam 1d4 or special, …
Change to … Bloodshrouds: AC 12, HD 4**, #At 1 whip or 1 blood spray, Dam 1d4 whip, blinded blood spray, …

Page 101 (97) – Bloodshouds – monster special attack paragraph.

Page 101 (97) – Deep Ones Priest – monster stat blocks
Was: … HD 9, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite or 1d6, Mv Swim 40' (30'), Sv C9, ML 11, XP 1,150 …
Change to … HD 9*, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite, 1d6 spear, Mv 40' Swim 30', Sv C9, ML 11, XP 1,150 …

Page 101 (97) – Deep Ones Warriors – monster stat blocks
Was: … HD 2, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite or 1d6, Mv Swim 40' (30'), Sv F5, ML 7, XP 100 ea. …
Change to … HD 2*, #At 1 bite or 1 spear, Dam 1d4 bite, 1d6 spear, Mv 40' Swim 30', Sv F5, ML 7, XP 100 ea. …

Page 101 (97) – Deep One Warriors – monster special attack paragraph.
The given paragraph is a shortened version of the description. May have been cut too much.
Was: … Unsuccessful attacks save vs. Dragon Breath (+/- DEX) or weapon is stuck. 1+STR on 1d6 to remove. Effective for 3 blows. …
Change to … Unsuccessful attacks may cause weapon to stick in shield goo; save vs. Dragon Breath + DEX to avoid. If stuck, weapon may be freed with 1 + STR on 1d6. Goo effective for 3 hits. …

Page 101 (97) – Gellybones – Special attack paragraph.
In Field Guide Volume 2 has in the gellybones description, “They take only half damage from blunt weapons, and only a single point from arrows, bolts, or sling stones (plus any magical bonus).“

Page102 (98) – Ghasts – monster stat block.
Was: … Dam 1d4/1d4/1d4 + paralysis + stench, …
Change to … Dam 1d4 claw, 1d4 bite, + paralysis + stench, …

Page102 (98) – Ghasts – monster special attack paragraph.
Subject – verb match.
Was: … Touches requires a Save vs. Paralysis or paralyzed for 2d8 turns, …
Change to … Touch requires a Save vs. Paralysis or paralyzed for 2d8 turns, …

Page102 (98) – Ghost – monster stat block.
HD is where special ability bonus is noted, not in AC. XP is not for 10 HD creature with special ability. On 3/24/2023 Ghost entry in Core Rules v118 was released adding #At and Dam from the new Core Rules.
Change to … AC 20, HD 10* (+9), #At 1 touch or possession + fear, Dam 1d8 touch, possesion see below, fear see below, Mv 30', Sv F10, ML 10, XP 1,390 …

Page102 (98) – Ghost – monster special attack paragraph.
Rewriting to include updated Core Rules v 118 description of Ghost.
Was: … Save vs. Spells or flee for 2d6 rounds. On touch, regenerate HP and reduce CON of target. Elves and Dwarves save vs. Death Ray to resist touch attack. Use telekinesis as 10th level Magic-User once per turn. Possess attack allows save vs. Spells to resist. …
Changed to: … On touch, regenerate HP and reduce CON of target. Elves and Dwarves save vs. Death Ray to resist touch attack. Possession is similar to magic jar spell as if cast by 10th level Magic-User doesn’t require recepticle. Possess attack allows save vs. Spells to resist. Needs remove curse or dispel evil to remove possession. When a ghost is seen fear causes save vs. Spells or flee for 2d6 rounds. Use telekinesis as 10th level Magic-User once per turn. …

Page102 (98) – Ghouls – monster stat block

Page102 (98) – Giant Insects – monster stat block
Other entries in the book use giant insects instead of giant bug. Changing to match rest of book.
Was: … Giant Bugs …
Change to … Giant Insects …

Page102 (98) – Giant Insects – monster special attack paragraph.
Other entries in the book use giant insects instead of giant bug. Changing to match rest of book. Giant Insect tables are on Page 90 (86). Also there is an expanded version of the Giant Insect tables on Page 103 (99) and Page 104 (100). Will move those tables to this section and remove the page reference.
Was: … Use the giant bug tables on page 88 to determine the unique type of giant bug encountered, …
Change to … Use the tables given below to determine the unique type of giant insect encountered, …

Changeing the names of the Tables to use Giant Insect.

Page 103 (99) – Mummies – monster stat block.
Was: … HD 5, …
Change to … HD 5**, …

Page 103 (99) – Skeletal Flayers – monster stat block.
HD in Field Guide Volume 2 has single special ability notation. Damage is listed with one entry per attack form.
Was: … HD 1, #At 1 whip/1 claw, Dam 1d6 + 1d6, …
Change to … HD 1*, #At 1 whip/1 claw, Dam 1d6 whip, 1d6 claw, …

Page 103 (99) – Vampire – monster special attack paragraph
Was: Bite does 1d3 points of damage the first round followed by energy drain every round thereafter. -5 AC while biting. +3 points of damage with melee weapons.
Change to: Bite does 1d3 points of damage the first round followed by energy drain every round thereafter, during bite -5 AC. Due to STR, +3 points of damage with melee weapons.

Page 104 (100) – Wraith – monster stat block
Change to … HD 4**, …

Page 104 (100) – Zombies – monster special attack paragraph (second column)

Page 104 (100) – Cathedral – Paragraph 1
Missing word ‘a’.
Was: … topped by bell tower. …
Change to … topped by a bell tower. …

Page 104 (100) – Other Notable Landmarks – Paragraph 2
Change words ‘a’ to ‘and are’.
Was: … They are locked conventionally a completely undisturbed. …
Change to … They are locked conventionally and are completely undisturbed. …

Page 105 (101) – 8. Ithrel Collection – Paragraph 1
Missing comma and words ‘a table’
Was: … Inside, a dining room with red-paper walls is still laid out for a feast never enjoyed. …
Change to … Inside, a dining room with red-paper walls, a table is still laid out for a feast never enjoyed. …

Page 105 (101) – 12. Petfaren Compound – Paragraph 1
Misspelling ‘one’ should be ‘once’.
Was: … looks down over one-grand gardens. …
Change to … looks down over once-grand gardens. …

Page 105 (101) – 12. Petfaren Compound – Paragraph 3
Was: … 1d6 months after the PCs begin exploring Tosasth, …
Change to … Once the PCs have been exploring Tosasth for 1d6 months, …

Page 107 (103) – Imelel Elven Band – Rellora stat block.
Attack doesn’t mention the weapon, listed in Equipment will put into stat block. Stat block doesn’t have Save As will add that.
Was: … #At 1, Dam 1d8, Mv 20', ML 9, …
Change to … #At 1 mace, Dam 1d8, Mv 20', Sv EC1 ML 9, …

Page 107 (103) – Imelel Elven Band – Elf-at-Arms stat block
Attack doesn’t mention the weapon, listed in Equipment will put into stat block. Stat block doesn’t have Save As will add that.
Was: … #At 1, Dam 1d8, Mv 40', ML 9, …
Change to … #At 1 longsword, Dam 1d8, Mv 40', Sv EF1 ML 9, …

Page 108 (104) – Molokotu – Boxed text, paragraph 1
In the first sentence making it present tense.
Was: … A deep rumble reached up through your boots …
Change to … A deep rumble reaches up through your boots …

In paragraph 1 of the regular text it mentions the golem being 100 feet tall. Here it is described as 300 feet tall. Also listed as 100 foot tall in the Unusual Monster section. Will change this instance to 100 feet.
Was: … A 300-foot tall mechanical version …
Change to … A 100-foot tall mechanical version …

Page 109 (105) – Introduction – Paragraph 1
Was: … 100’ towers rise from behind the walls, …
Change to … Behind the walls 100’ towers rise, …

Page 109 (105) – Introduction – Paragraph 2
Misspelling ‘view’ should be ‘views’
Was: … towers offer easy view of the entire walkway. …
Change to … towers offer easy views of the entire walkway. …

Page 109 (105) – 1. Entry Gate – Paragraph 4 (first after boxed text)
Verb form
Was: … They will defends themselves …
Change to … They will defend themselves …

Page 109 (105) – 1. Entry Gate – monster stat block
Was: … Dam 1d4/1d4/1d4 or 1d8, all plus paralysis, …
Change to: … Dam 1d4 claw, 1d4 bite, all plus paralysis, 1d8 lance, …

Page 110 (106) – 3. Towers – 16 Ghoul Guards monster stat block

Page 110 (106) – 4. The Black Throne – paragraph 4 (first after the boxed text)
Missing word ‘in’.
Was: … and wrapped up the rug. …
Change to … and wrapped up in the rug. …

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – paragraph 8 (starts with Lady Nerijyre)
Missing word ‘a’.
Was: … the party into deal …
Change to … the party into a deal …

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – Elmyra Nerijyre (Black Knight) stat block
Was: … HD 14, #At 1, Dam 1d10+6, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 1,480
Change to: HD 14**, #At 1 two-handed sword, Dam 1d10+6, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 2,730

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – Elmyra Nerijyre (Black Knight) special attack paragraph 1
The first special attack paragraph just mentions the ability to cast fireball and wall of fire, this information is in the next paragraph. Removing this paragraph.
Was: … Casts fireball and wall of fire each 3 times per day as a 10th level Magic-User. …
Change to … …

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – Elmyra Nerijyre (Black Knight) special attack paragraph 2
Was: … 75% reflect spells back at caster. …
Change to: … Reflects spells 75% back at caster. …

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – Elmyra Nerijyre (Black Knight) HP Blocks
There are two lines of HP blocks using Adventure BF 10 point font and the last using Centruy Gothic 9.5 point font. Did a CTRL+M to correct the formatting.

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – 2 Ghoul Guards stat block

Page 111 (107) – 4. The Black Throne – 2 Ghoul Guards HP Blocks
There are two lines of HP blocks using Adventure BF 10 point font and the last using Centruy Gothic 9.5 point font. Did a CTRL+M to correct the formatting.

Page 112 (108) – 5. Treasure Collection – Deathbite
First letter of the description is in bold text. Removing bold on that letter.
Was: … Deathbite, Longsword +1/+2 vs. Undead. This sword …
Change to … Deathbite, Longsword +1/+2 vs. Undead. This sword …

Page 112 (108) – 5. Treasure Collection – 10 gold bars
Was: … 10 gold bars. 10,000 gp. …
Change to … Ten gold bars worth 10,000 gp. …

Page 112 (108) – 5. Treasure Collection – 18” granite statue
Was: … 18” granite statue of a Dwarf hammering an anvil. 1,400 gp or more if sold to a Dwarf recognizing it as the obscure deity, …
Change to … A granite statue 18” of a Dwarf hammering an anvil. If sold to a Dwarf will bring 1,400 gp or more, recognized it as an obscure deity, …

Page 115 (111) – Entrance – Boxed text 2 paragraph 2
Missing word ‘eastern’.
Was: … A pathway circles the building, also offering access to stairs to the 15’x30’ porch. …
Change to … A pathway circles the building, also offering access to eastern stairs to the 15’x30’ porch. …

Since it is listed in the next paragraph as having plate armor remove the unarmored AC. Damage is listed with one entry per attack form. Since it is listed in the next paragraph as having plate armor remove the unarmored move rate.
Was: … AC 19 (13), HD 12+3* (+10), #At 1 giant weapon or 1 thrown rock, Dam 6d6 or 3d6, Mv 20' Unarmored 40' (10'), …
Change to … AC 19, HD 12+3* (+10), #At 1 giant weapon or 1 thrown rock, Dam 6d6 giant weapon, 3d6 rock, Mv 20' (10'), …

Page 116 (112) – 5. Eastern Garden – Paragraph 1
Missing words, ‘a character tries’
Was: … If chewing a black lotus, save vs. Poison or become ill for 24 hours, …
Change to … If a character tries chewing a black lotus, save vs. Poison or become ill for 24 hours, …

Page 116 (112) – 6. Servant’s Quarters – Number agreement
Boxed text mentions four sleepers, monster stat block has six ghouls. Changing boxed text to match the number of ghouls.
Was: … pulled over four sleepers. …
Change to … pulled over six sleepers. …

Page 116 (112) – 6. Servant’s Quarters – monster stat block

Page 116 (112) – 8. Guest Quarters – monster stat blockages
Was: … Dam 1d6/1d6, …
Change to … Dam 1d6 gore, 1d6 bite, …

Page 116 (112) – 8. Guest Quarters – monster special attack paragraph

Page 117 (113) – 12. Guest Quarters – monster stat block

Page 117 (113) – 17. Blackmail Archives – monster stat block
XP don’t match HD level.
Was: … XP 600 …
Change to … XP 500 …

Page 119 (115) – 20. Ashryn’s Library – Paragraph 14 (Temple Art of the Lizardfolk)
Double word, ‘last’ and ‘final’ are the same thing.
Was: … The last final 20% of the book is blank. …
Change to … The final 20% of the book is blank. …

Page 119 (115) – 22. Servant’s Stash – Paragraph 6 (Ring of Minor Electricity Resistance)
Misspelling ‘prevents’ vs prevent
Was: … always prevent 10 points of damage …
Change to … always prevents 10 points of damage …

Page 120 (116) – 25. Foul Alter – monster stat block
Monster stat block should indicate the number of monsters before the name of the creature.
Was: … Wraith: …
Change to … 10 Wraiths: …

Page 121 (117) – Black Knight stat block
Was: … HD 14, #At 1, Dam 1d10+6, Mv 30', Sv F14, ML 11, XP 1,480

Page 121 (117) – Black Knight special attack paragraph 2

Page 121 (117) – Black Squire stat block
Attack doesn’t mention the weapon, listed in Equipment will put into stat block. XP don’t match HD level. Putting double special ability notation on HD.
Was: … HD 7, #At 1, Dam 1d6+3, Mv 30', Sv F7, ML 11, XP 1,480 …
Change to … HD 7**, #At 1 shortsword, Dam 1d6+3, Mv 30', Sv F7, ML 11, XP 800 …

Page 121 (117) – Black Squire special attack paragraph

Page 121 (117) – Black Squire – HP blocks
Missing a block

Page 125 (121) – 2. Entry Hall – monster stat block
cWas: … Dam 1d4/1d4/1d4, all plus paralysis, …

Page 126 (122) – 4. Reverse Gravity Hallway – Block text.
Missing word ‘a’.
Was: … be seen humanoid figure …
Change to: … be seen a humanoid figure …

Page 126 (122) – 6. Vugyux – monster stat block
HD in Field Guide Volume 1 has double special ability notation and gives an Attack Bonus of +11. Damage doen’t have added bonus. Damage is listed with one entry per attack form. Save as field header is in all lower case, should have first letter capitalized.
Was: … HD 14, #AT slam or viscera touch, Dam 1d6+7 or paralysis, Mv 30', sv F14, …
Change to: … HD 14, #AT slam or viscera touch, Dam 1d6 slam, paralysis viscera touch, Mv 30', Sv F14, …

Page 126 (122) – 6. Vugyux – monster special attack paragraph
In Field Guide Volume 1 the monsters paralysis attack is listed as lasting 6d4 rounds, time to rise as a zombie after being killed by Mohrg is listed as 1d4 days later.
Was: … Paralysis or be paralyzed for 5d4 rounds. Anyone killed by Vugyux rises as a zombie at the next sunset. …
Change to: … Paralysis or be paralyzed for 6d4 rounds. Anyone killed by Vugyux rises as a zombie at sunset 1d4 days later. …

Page 126 (122) – 10. Stairs – monster special attack paragraph

Page 127 (123) – 14. Arboretum – Monster stat block
Was: … Dam  1d8/1d8 or 2d8, …
Change to: … Dam 1d8 claw, 2d8 hug, …
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wow.

Leon, if you want, go ahead and make all the changes. Most of what I did to the document I posted was fixing images (correcting DPI and scaling for print). If you want to start from Al's revised text, that's fine. I'll reload the corrected images, which I naturally saved separately, on the next pass around.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Al... You're the Man. :shock: