Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
JugglinDan

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:54 am I'd like Solo to weigh in, seeing as the plan is for this to be printed eventually. But a test of a few links seems harmless.
Here's r23a then. I have linked to Máirín Nolani from Muireall Whelani. In the PDF it looks like this:
Screenshot 2023-04-04 215601.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-04 215601.jpg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 653 times

And it is possible to set the hyperlink styles so that the link is invisible in the printed form. They still work in the PDF like that, but you have to know the links are there since there are no visual clues. I don't mind either way. I'm just offering suggestions.
Attachments
Chrysogons-Coterie-r23a.pdf
(16.38 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
Chrysogons-Coterie-r23a.odt
(56.45 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
I'm also on RPGG
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As long as the links are invisible in the printed format (i.e. no underlines, boldface, or color change) I am fine with it. But you all have to do the work... it's not something I feel strongly enough about to put effort into. My focus is always on the final print.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:26 am As long as the links are invisible in the printed format (i.e. no underlines, boldface, or color change) I am fine with it. But you all have to do the work... it's not something I feel strongly enough about to put effort into. My focus is always on the final print.
Understood. Thanks for the direction. I can update the link styles to have no visual change from the surrounding text. In a PDF reader, the user will get a visual indication when the mouse cursor moves over the linked name.

Todd: I'm happy to check out the ODT again and start linking up the cross-references. I'll probably wait until I finish the pass through The Silver Spire, which should be early next week.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:53 pm Todd: I'm happy to check out the ODT again and start linking up the cross-references. I'll probably wait until I finish the pass through The Silver Spire, which should be early next week.
Sounds good, Daniel. Please pace to yourself and don't burn out. I'd miss you. We all would. :D

Regarding turnaround times on edit feedback, I've been told that Leon, Kyle, and I are unusually highly involved in our books, and our responsiveness is atypical. It's normal for things to progress much more gradually, especially with the established books that are already in print and that involve multiple contributors.

The Core Rules revision was an unusual exception because there really was concern that "our game" was being threatened.

I noticed that UptonGames has recently submitted a couple of modules that he's solicited feedback for. You might have a look if you are looking to dive in deeper. Leon's megamodule might also benefit from your discerning eye.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:00 pm
JugglinDan wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:53 pm Todd: I'm happy to check out the ODT again and start linking up the cross-references. I'll probably wait until I finish the pass through The Silver Spire, which should be early next week.
Sounds good, Daniel. Please pace to yourself and don't burn out. I'd miss you. We all would. :D

Regarding turnaround times on edit feedback, I've been told that Leon, Kyle, and I are unusually highly involved in our books, and our responsiveness is atypical. It's normal for things to progress much more gradually, especially with the established books that are already in print and that involve multiple contributors.

The Core Rules revision was an unusual exception because there really was concern that "our game" was being threatened.

I noticed that UptonGames has recently submitted a couple of modules that he's solicited feedback for. You might have a look if you are looking to dive in deeper. Leon's megamodule might also benefit from your discerning eye.
Ah, I think your rapid responses led to certain expectations on my part. As I said in the CC thread: lesson learned.

Thanks for the pointers. Once I finish my current batch I'll check them out and see where I can help.
I'm also on RPGG
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Todd: I've uploaded r7a of Silver Spire. Can check out the odt of CC when it's ready and I can edit the hyperlink styles to exactly match the text body style, then start linking up all the character cross-references. I'll wait till I hear from you though, just in case you have made changes to CC but not uploaded the file yet.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:55 pm Todd: I've uploaded r7a of Silver Spire.
I was so amazed that this happened so far in advance of schedule, I couldn't sleep. I reviewed the changes and pushed out a new version. Thank you. I am grateful to have you in the credits of both my books. Wonderful work.
JugglinDan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:55 pm just in case you have made changes to CC but not uploaded the file yet.
I'm going to use that check-in/check-out box the same as any other user. I like it (thanks, Leon). So... the book is yours to do links on, if you like.

I'll update the first post accordingly but I'll wait for confirmation from you, first. It looked like you were going to have a read-through of Tosasth.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:09 am
JugglinDan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:55 pm Todd: I've uploaded r7a of Silver Spire.
I was so amazed that this happened so far in advance of schedule, I couldn't sleep. I reviewed the changes and pushed out a new version. Thank you. I am grateful to have you in the credits of both my books. Wonderful work.
JugglinDan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:55 pm just in case you have made changes to CC but not uploaded the file yet.
I'm going to use that check-in/check-out box the same as any other user. I like it (thanks, Leon). So... the book is yours to do links on, if you like.

I'll update the first post accordingly but I'll wait for confirmation from you, first. It looked like you were going to have a read-through of Tosasth.
You'll have me reaching for the embarrassed font again! :oops: But thank you! It's been a pleasure to help out.

I'll do the links in this first. I've got time while waiting to see if Tosasth is available (or needs) me just now.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:14 am I'll do the links in this first.
Thanks! I've checked it out for the standard week duration. Use more time if you need to; I'll fiddle with dates accordingly.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

toddlyons wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:41 am
JugglinDan wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:14 am I'll do the links in this first.
Thanks! I've checked it out for the standard week duration. Use more time if you need to; I'll fiddle with dates accordingly.
I've extended your checkout by another week.