Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by Solomoriah »

Yup, it's an error in the Core Rules. Should be Protection, not Defense/Defence.

So R124 will come out today.

BTW I am keeping "Penetrating Vision" instead of the sci-fi X-Ray Vision.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Accidentally uncovering an issue in the core rules is nice. I'll revert those changes to CC. I prefer Protection over Defense too. Ring of Defense just doesn't have the same ring!

Also, Ember, a character in my Scarlet Heroes solo game has a war dog companion with a ring of protection worked into her collar, so Ring of Protection has sentimental value. Nikita saved Ember's life more than once!
I'm also on RPGG
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Progress Notes:
Completed general proofreading of prose sections through to the end of level 3 clerics. I would have completed levels 3 and 4 except for my distracting foray into LibreOffice bookmarks and Python scripts to scrape tables of contents from PDF files. But I do now have a personal bookmarked core rules PDF which makes it much faster to check things there while reading CC.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:11 am distracting foray into LibreOffice bookmarks and Python scripts to scrape tables of contents from PDF files.
A change is as good as a rest. I know my brain appreciates a diversion when I'm working on a large project.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I've noticed that some characters have items which are not in the core rules, though they are in the Equipment Emporium. The most common of these appears to be the light mace. I don't think this is a problem but thought I would mention it just in case you wanted to avoid minor dependencies on other supplements. If using one supplement requires the use of several others, the game starts to lose its wonderful modularity. But given that the damage specs of the light mace are given in CC, it would only be an issue if people were using fine-grained encumbrance tracking.

Perhaps just a note somewhere to indicate the items that come from EE. Or they could be swapped back to the closest match from core rules. That's not my choice though.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Simple weapons where damage is specified didn't/doesn't seem problematic to me. Many of these were substituted when I noticed that the website NPC generator had equipped a character with something impossible for them. Many of these were Halflings, and rather than take their mace away, I substituted the smaller version and adjusted damage according. And honestly, using EE won't get you any more information than CC provides, with the exception of purchase price.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Your assessment matches my own, thanks.
I'm also on RPGG
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

toddlyons wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:32 pm Simple weapons where damage is specified didn't/doesn't seem problematic to me.
It's not. Should almost never be an issue.
toddlyons wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:32 pm Many of these were substituted when I noticed that the website NPC generator had equipped a character with something impossible for them. Many of these were Halflings, and rather than take their mace away, I substituted the smaller version and adjusted damage according. And honestly, using EE won't get you any more information than CC provides, with the exception of purchase price.
Someday I need to fix that software.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:50 pm Someday I need to fix that software.
Someday, when there's time, but I'm glad it is out there. Tools promote creation.

CC exists because that software exists. Writing 288 character descriptions wasn't nearly as daunting to me as rolling and equipping 288 bodies. Offloading that task to software let me devote total creative energy to the task that fulfilled me.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Progress update: completed through to end of eighth level characters.

A lot of the sub-plots, connections, and conspiracies are being revealed as I read. It makes editing much more entertaining. Some of the NPC descriptions could easily expand into a whole adventure.
I'm also on RPGG