Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:31 am Todd, should I upload the odt here so you can check that my tracked edits to the movement speeds have not altered the layout? Once that's confirmed then I will keep going with the editing. Does this require a new release number?
Hi Daniel. Attach it to your message above as version 20a and I'll review it ASAP.

The fonts are here: https://basicfantasy.org/downloads/bf-core-fonts.zip

Thanks! :D
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:43 am
JugglinDan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:31 am Todd, should I upload the odt here so you can check that my tracked edits to the movement speeds have not altered the layout? Once that's confirmed then I will keep going with the editing. Does this require a new release number?
Hi Daniel. Attach it to your message above as version 20a and I'll review it ASAP.

The fonts are here: https://basicfantasy.org/downloads/bf-core-fonts.zip

Thanks! :D
Fonts installed and the layout in r20a looks back to normal to me. Will still wait for you to confirm. I'm going to bed now anyway :)
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:51 am Fonts installed and the layout in r20a looks back to normal to me. Will still wait for you to confirm. I'm going to bed now anyway :)
Got it. Good night!
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:39 am There are 25 distinct temples specified across the book. I'm not sure if these need to be indexed or are just flavour for the Clerics, but I can provide a list if needed.
I've started to notice the tremendous amount of world building you have woven into the characters. It adds a lot of richness and texture, while each character still feels like they can stand on their own in any world. You could tease out the setting material into a separate chapter or glossary. It could list all the factions, clerical orders, major family groups and so forth. However, I worry that might detract from the charm of what you have written. Surely if your readers value those elements, they should have to work a bit to extract them! Maybe that material could be in a separate smaller supplement instead. I don't know. I'm quite tired and have a migraine coming on. I should stop babbling now and actually go to bed...
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:00 am I've started to notice the tremendous amount of world building you have woven into the characters.
Coming from a social work background, I used Miro to create an EcoMap that allowed me to visualize how characters were connected to ideologies, institutions, and other characters. The idea was never to create a definitive world (Chris says "No settings"; I agree) but to make sure that these people are anchored to something, in a way that made them more realistic.

It really is up to the GM to decide what to do with the suggestions I've woven in, but it should be easy to transport them into whatever settings they've already created around their dinner table.

I'm sending r21 for your further review. Thanks, Daniel. I hope you feel better in the morning.
Last edited by toddlyons on Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I have r21 and have installed all the fonts. Working on an editing pass now.
I'm also on RPGG
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Progress notes:
  • Have replaced all uses of Ring of Protection with Ring of Defence (Canadian spelling)
  • Some general grammatical edits
  • Corrected (hopefully) all incorrect AC values. Where some characters are clearly in possession of supernatural abilities I have left AC as-is, with a comment where I'm unsure.
  • I've noted that some equipment is from the Emporium. Is that ok, or did you plan to restrict to the core rules equipment tables? One example is "light mace". I haven't changed any of these, just noting.
  • Harmonised potion names and capitalisation with core rules 4th edition tables.
  • Checked magic scroll names against 4th edition tables. No changes needed.
  • Fixed all occurrences of spaces between die values and modifier. For example, "1d8+2" instead of "1d8 +2". No space is the convention used in the core rules.
I'm going to finish the general proofreading of the prose (currently up to level 3 characters), and then go back to checking details such as item, magic property, and spell name changes from 3rd to 4th editions. Finding Ring of Protection is a signal to check all the names.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Ring of Protection still appears in the Core Rules r123. So does Ring of Defense... which I've actually never heard of.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

toddlyons wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:13 am Ring of Protection still appears in the Core Rules r123. So does Ring of Defense... which I've actually never heard of.
What page? I thought this was one of the changes from 3rd to 4th edition. I can only find Rings of Protection from Energy Drain or Scrying. The ring that grants an AC bonus is called Ring of Defense. It's an easy change to revert if required using find & replace.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

p. 184 (PDF 188). I know we were originally changing some things for the OGL-SRD fiasco, but then WotC capitulated.

I think this might be another error.
Last edited by toddlyons on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.