Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by Solomoriah »

Robotized English for those of us who can't read Russian: https://bfrpg-neocities-org.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

Thanks for Chrysogon's Coterie, I really love the book!
toddlyons wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 am This was a neat discovery. :D Someone in Belarus has it on their resource page as an alternative to rolling a character:

https://bfrpg.neocities.org/

(press the arrow on the first box)
It was me. :oops:

Sorry about not posting this character generator here, this is an unfinished version (I've uploaded it for my players, because Core Rules are not yet translated, and I wanted something translated).

I plan to finish this tool (it still needs a way to set initial experience, equipment, English version and a way to for GMs to disable optional rules) and present it on the forum properly.
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 am Robotized English for those of us who can't read Russian: https://bfrpg-neocities-org.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp
I don't want to be nitpicky, but that's Belarusian, not Russian. Russians generally don't understand it. ^^'
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Demetrius wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 am Thanks for Chrysogon's Coterie, I really love the book!
You're welcome! As a writer, the best feeling in the world is seeing someone using your book out in the world.

Thank you for putting it on your page. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Demetrius wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 am
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 am Robotized English for those of us who can't read Russian: https://bfrpg-neocities-org.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp
I don't want to be nitpicky, but that's Belarusian, not Russian. Russians generally don't understand it. ^^'
It's Greek to me... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:52 am
Demetrius wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 am
It's Greek to me... :D
considering the number of Greek words in English, probably not :lol:
No matter where you go...there you are
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I just grabbed this!! What a great accessory, thanx for all the hard work!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

So I'm stealing.. I mean borrowing one of your NPCs and I did notice something, your not including their ability score bonuses in their damage..

Human Thief 1, AC 14, #At 1, Dam 1d8, Mv 30', Ml 9
STR 16 (+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 8 (-1),
DEX 13 (+1), CON 15 (+1), CHA 9
Equipment: leather armor, longsword
HP 3 ☐☐☐

With a STR of 16 she should be getting a +2 on to that longsword damage right?
The Dragonclaw Barony
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

dymondy2k wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:45 pm I just grabbed this!! What a great accessory, thanx for all the hard work!
Thanks David. :D
dymondy2k wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:15 pm So I'm stealing.. I mean borrowing one of your NPCs
Please steal them. That's what they're for. And mix and match the personalities with stats to make them exactly who you want.
dymondy2k wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:15 pm I did notice something, your not including their ability score bonuses in their damage..
Hmmm... they were generated with the website NPC generator, so it's possible that it doesn't include that. It did factor in bonuses for the magic weapons.

Is there a specific way the damage should be noted in the block in cases where there are bonuses for ability and magic weapon? Like1d8+2+2?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

For NPCS I usually just keep it at a straight 1d8+4. Hopefully with a quick glance at the stat and the weapon they'll get where the +4 comes from.
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I talked with Solo and it looks like its a bug, those damages should include the strength and dex bonus (For ranged). I wonder if these stats should also include the Attack Bonus (AB).
The Dragonclaw Barony