SRD Removal Tracker

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Jim1804

Re: SRD Removal Tracker

Post by Jim1804 »

Ruvaen wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:12 pm Hey guys I know I am new here but I am willing to help. I was looking for a truly open ttrpg and found yall. I wasn’t sure if there was anything I could help with but wanted to offer and see. Thanks.
Welcome - don't worry, the work will pick back up soon enough :-)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, you guys have gotten way ahead of us. I'll let you know when we need another push; until then, take a breather, you've done an amazing job.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I may never get it done, but right now I am looking at the main modules I contributed.

JN1 The Chaotic Caves
JN2 Monkey Isle
JN3 Saga of the Giants

I want to make some notes so that over-eager checkers do not flag some of my personal design choices as errors. For example, I mention "Titans" in JN3-Saga-of-the-Giants-r13. In doing so I was hearkening back to the idea of the Titans of Greek Mythology, which existed before the gods and goddesses most people know of. It may be wise to add a note about that intent (a casual reference), but I absolutely NEVER intended to create them as new monsters.

If I have the time, I will go through each module and list the monsters for review and note the NEW MONSTERS, spells ditto, potions ditto, scrolls, ditto, and magic items, making notes on which item I customized (NEW MAGIC ITEMS) and a brief blurb. Magic items were often but not always a variation of "arrow of [monster type] slaying", for example.

If I am ready, I will make a note here before posting any lists etc. so that the proper links can be established in a timely manner.
Last edited by jdn2006 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks JD 8-) I haven't worked on JN3 yet, but 1&2 are in Projects with the newer template, licensing, etc. We can certainly review and edit with any notes and corrections that come up!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Honestly, we aren't engaging the SRD removal process for adventures in general. There should be little to no actual SRD text in them. We will at some point check that monsters are as given in 4E, but simply mentioning Titans isn't enough to compel us to do extra work creating them.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org